Ps 1.6 - Not Sending Emails

Hello,

I have a problem with emails on my PS 1.6. I do not receive any email when I make a test order/registration. I found some topics with similar problem, but I haven't found any solution. 

I use PHP's mail() function, haven't tried SMTP yet. Shop email has the same domain as store's domain.

PS was installed in English, then I added another language which I want to use. After adding second language I made it default and disabled  and deleted English. That added language doesn't contain 100% translation, but phrases which are not translated are in English, so I don't think this may cause my problem.

Do you have any idea where the problem might be? 

I am going to try to set up SMTP right now.

I have set the same email domain as my store's domain, as I mentioned.

I have 2 other stores (PS 1.4) on the same hosting, which were configured 3 years ago, but we hadn't had any problem with emails there.

// EDIT - I have just made first SMTP test, I think it works. 

On the other side, I would like to know why PHP function didn't work. 

Edited by mysho (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Hey tuk66, I was having the same problem and your post was spot on! I created a mailbox on the store's domain and used it at the Store contact page, and it worked!!! Now my site is sending e-mails to the world. Thank you so much!

I'm hosting on Dreamhost, so apparently for security reasons or anti-spam policy they don't allow mailboxes other than the same domain/sub-domain at the FROM field.

• Like 1