Reduce Size Of Prestashop, How To Remove Unused Modules In Prestashop?

3DStudio

Hi

I work wery often with Wordpress, there I only install plugins  (moduls) that I need, nothing else. But Prestashop comes with tons of moduls I'll never need.  I have a very poor upload speed so I want reduce size of Prestashop. So how can I delete all the modules Ill never need like those modules costs money ? If I delete them from Modul folder, will they come back again on the next update?

Edited by 3DStudio (see edit history)

From the modules page you can uninstall and then delete the Modules you do not want or use.

The modules you see in the modules page that cost $ and some others are just shown as available and not actually in the modules folder they are shown from the Addons store.

Once you uninstall and delete all the modules you do not want change the setting at the top of page to Installed modules then you will only see the modules you use.

Yes the modules that are actually in the folder you deleted will be re-installed when you update.

I never really got the idea that non-enabled modules slow down PrestaShop.  In back office we can simply select 'enabled' only.  This can speed up the module page.

as for front office, well if module is not hooked or is disabled then there is 'no' impact.

I've seen plenty of 'hype' about this subject but generally stayed clear, today I'd thought to throw in my two cents.  Happy day, el