Your Shopping Cart Is Empty.

(Solved)No matter how I do it, as a guest, sign in, administrator, I cannot check out.

After adding product to the cart and going through the address then I get a message that my shopping cart is empty. I haven't had an order for a while now and looking today into the problem, trying to add a voucher, I discovered this anomaly. 

I'm no developer and I dont know anything about coding and the such. It must be a bug somewhere.

Please help.

thank you

Papermarks.com

Edited by paperM (see edit history)

Try turning on error reporting and see if an error appears, go to config folder and edit difines.inc.php and change false to true as shown below and try again to checkout.

If an error appears post it here.

/* Debug only */
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

Have you ever backed up your shop files to your hard drive, do you have a backup of the database.
If not it is good practice to backup all files and database after you have your shop live, and then again if you add a new module or edit any files.
Always backup the database at least once a month this way if catastrophe strikes you can upload the files and database and have your store back.

Hi PrestaShop Fanatic

Thank you for getting back to me.

I followed your instructions and I changed the error reporting but nothing happened. I checked on multiple browsers.

Here is how it goes: sometimes i get to the checkout and fill up the shipping, and then when it is to confirm the order I get this:

There is 1 Error(s):

There is no product in your cart.

At very first I didnt get that far. The error was at the very beginning:

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to confirm the order Details: Error thrown: [object Object] Text status: error

Someone suggest to change the ajax cart to no - did that and no changes. 

Have you tried resetting your htacess file go to Preferences, SEO and URL's and set Friendly urls to off and save then turn back on and save.

Now try again and see if you get the same error, if so try the solution posted here.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/156706-technical-error-unable-to-add-the-product-details-error-thrown-object-xmlhttprequest/

Also when posting for help it will help others answer your question if we know a few details such as what version of Prestashop you are using, what theme you are using, are you using multishop and anything else that may be pertinent to your issue.

Also post a URL so we can see your shop and the error for ourselves.

PrestaShop Fanatic Hi

I am using the bootstrap default free theme and I have a single shop, selling physical and download products. After trying few of the suggestions here with no success I finally gather my strength and upgrade Prestashop to the last free version which is 1.6.1.4. I didnt want to do it because i was afraid it may screw things (as it had happened before:(. However, this time things were smooth and the cart error got fixed. I am very happy.

Thank you everybody for getting back to me.

• 7 months later...