TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to add the product. Details: Error thrown: [object XMLHttpRequest]

I installed the 1.47PrestaShop .when i test add produces to cart, it can't add it ,then it sent a message "TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to add the product.

Details:

Error thrown: [object XMLHttpRequest]

Text status: error".

I checked anything .but we can't find error. the php_mbstring.dll is ok. this is information :

mbstring

Multibyte Support enabled Multibyte string engine libmbfl Multibyte (japanese) regex support enabled Multibyte regex (oniguruma) version 4.4.4 Multibyte regex (oniguruma) backtrack check On

who can help me? thanks

• 1 month later...

This will fix SSL not working on order confirmation page after PayPal redirect and TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to add the product. Details: Error thrown: [object XMLHttpRequest]

PS 1.4.7 will redirect all payment module pages from https:// to http:// virtually breaking any hosted payment module that uses SSL.

Edit /classes/FrontController.php line #87

Remove the following code

else if (Configuration::get('PS_SSL_ENABLED') AND Tools::usingSecureMode() AND !($this->ssl))

{

header('HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently');

header('Location: '.Tools::getShopDomain(true).$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);

exit();

}

Save the file, and upload to your server.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Bonjour j'ai un probléme sur mon site http://babybroc.fr , quand je veux ajouter un article au pannier sa me marque : TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to add the product.!

J'ai vu votre poste mais je suis pas expert pouvez vous m'ecrire le fichier a corriger svp , je vous paierai !

Solution: http://forge.prestas...l # comment-48028

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've got the same issue on prestashop 1.4.4.1. However the error seem to appear randomly. But still since the error first time appeared (two days ago) I've got no orders and it's driving me crazy. Can someone please help me before I have to declare a bankruptcy :)

Regards

• 4 months later...

I've got the same issue on prestashop 1.4.4.1. However the error seem to appear randomly. But still since the error first time appeared (two days ago) I've got no orders and it's driving me crazy. Can someone please help me before I have to declare a bankruptcy :)

Regards

I have the same problem. Technical error appears randomly. Did you fix the problem ?

Hey,

Please consult your Apache logs when this happens or use Firebug to look a the ajax request. Most simple is to check your server logs when that happens, this can be a php error in the response of the "ajax" request that adds the product to the cart.

Regards

I checked my server logs : nothing

I've decided to simply disable the ajax cart... I'll try to find the problem later...

• 4 weeks later...

I am using prestashop version 1.5.4.1. I recently downloaded the NaturaShop template. I installed everything, and got the new design working. I am about ready to launch, but I have encountered a problem with the cart. I add a product to the cart, I receive this error:

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to add the product.

Details:

Error thrown: [object Object]

Text status: error

The ajax is turned on. If I turn ajax off, then I cannot delete products from the shopping cart and cart block. Also, I cannot increase/decrease the quantity of the products in the shopping cart. When I click the buttons, it redirects me to the home page.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

This warning/error occurs when ajax cart is on and I try to navigate to other page when an add to cart action was already in progress.

To reproduce the error,

1. Set the ajax cart ON.

2. go to a product page.

3. add the product to cart.

4. immediately before the product is added, try to navigate away from the current product page.

Voila the error should appear now.

--

Jena