Greece - Taxes and Laws

Hi,

in Greece the taxes have recently changed to:
10% for food - eatable products
21% for all the rest and services.

Vouchers have no tax
Shipping has 21% tax (service)

Legal Invoices are issued only by authorized cash machines or computer software (by the Greek excise tax office-IRS) which must accompany the products.

Customers can return orders and ask for a refund in 14 days without giving any reason.

As far as I know it's ok, there is no problem.
Although you could add a selection for the customer, to choose weather he is a customer or a company etc. and wishes a plain receipt or a receipt for companies accordingly.

As far as I know it's ok, there is no problem.

Great!

and wishes a plain receipt or a receipt for companies accordingly.

I do not understand what should be part of this "company receipt".
Is it some kind of a different version of the current PrestaShop invoice? In which way?

• 2 weeks later...

No, the PrestaShop invoice remains the same, the selection (2 options) is just to inform the eshop owner what kind of receipt to issue.
When you sell something to a company or a professional you need to issue a "company receipt" (for tax use) with some extra details,
and plain receipt for customers.
The addition for this selection is only to inform the B.O.
And there should be some addition fields for the Company details in the registration.

Company name (alpharithmetic) it already exists
Tax office number (9 digit number)
Tax office (alpharithmetic)
Activity (alpharithmetic)

I hope I explained it good enough and that this addition will be inserted in a future version.

• 1 month later...

Hi powered!

So as far as I understand, what is needed is a notice inside the Back Office telling the merchant if he/she should provide a "company receipt".
If I am right, what I still does not understand is "May this company receipt be made up by PrestaShop? Or does it require an official third party software ?".

Thank you one more time.

• 7 months later...

Though the post is quite old, i thought i might add something to it for reference to new members.
As from 1.1.2011 VAT in Greece is 23% for products. Also Greece has some areas with diminished VAT (16%) that must be used for invoices when the buyer's company is registered in those areas. Usually the buyer uses the checkout extra instructions field to let the shop know if this is the case

The receipt and invoices issued by Prestashop do not cover the legal requirement for Greece, so they are considered pro-forma invoices with the understanding that the real receipt/invoice will accompany the goods.

What Powered referred to as company receipt, is in fact an invoice. Main difference is that while in the receipt you don't need customer's data (IRS reg. number, etc.) in an invoice you do! without the complete data the company will not be able to put it on his expenses. For this to work in Prestashop, adding the ability of custom fields in the customer registration form and a receipt/invoice selector in the checkout process would cover the issue.

• 3 years later...

Is there any news/mods about it?? i have many e-shops for my customers that need to have a VAT option, some custom fields that is.. If someone knows about a third-party plugin for this please let me know! 

The presta community in Greece is big i believe, Presta should already had fix this with some custom fields.