Problem With Horizontal Menu - Please Help

Hello,

I am new to this forum and to Prestashop, I have used OpenCart for many years for my store but decided to switch recently so am building my store again from scratch.  I used the default-theme and customized it for a very simple store to display prison art, you can see the store here:  http://sanquentinprisonart.com/

If you look at the store you will see the top horizontal menu is empty on the left hand side, I am trying to get "Home" and one simple category "Prison Art" to display and after spending 3 days trying am pulling my hair out - seems like there should be some way to control the menu on that menu bar without going into the code.  If there isn't a way, please let me know and let me know what code I will need to get the menu items to appear.

If you look at the bottom of the store in the footer, you will see "Prison Art" under the Categories label, but I can't leave it like this, that would be stupid looking I think and confuse customers to have to go to the footer to navigate.

Thank you for any help or advice you can give me.

Best, Julie

Not sure which module you are talking about?  Am I missing something here that is glaring in my face that I should have done, like install some module?  I have been through the list of modules several times looking for some solution to this problem.  I would be happy to reset the module if I knew which module you meant.

I did look at the site on my phone, it looks great on a mobile phone - maybe my problem is that I am viewing it from a desktop pc?

When I said that it looked great on the mobile phone I did not mean to say that this problem is solved, I would like to get the menu up on the top navigation bar for both mobile and the desktop.  I am continuing to try and figure this out, did not see anything previously posted in this forum regarding this sort of problem when I searched.

Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Julie

Oh My Goodness, you gave me the information I needed to figure this out, thank you so very much KathleenUK, I have the top horizontal menu displaying now.  I hadn't configured the tophorizontalmenu in blocktopmenu, once I configured this it was fine.  Thank you so much for your help! :)