Problem With Checkout

Hello,

I run a Prestashop 1.6.0.14 multishop.

The secondary shop (frisbeediscs.gr) is working alright.

The primary shop (kickscooters.gr) has the following problem:

1a. At the last step of the checkout process, when someone hits "Confirm Order" having selected COD or Banwire, instead of the validation page, he/she gets error 500
1b. The same thing happens in the BO when I try to change an order status.

In both cases, the order status changes, but the confirmation is never shown.

2. I have real trouble reaching the modules page in the Back Office. I can get there without server timeout once every 5 times...

Any ideas?

Update:

I enabled debug and recreated the issues. This is what I got:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/kickboar/public_html/cache/smarty/cache/crossselling/shoppingcart/194/984/986/895/899/980/894/645/648/857/384/462/463/235/383/167/1047/1030/1045/1046/1/1/1/9/95) [<a href='recursivedirectoryiterator.--construct'>recursivedirectoryiterator.--construct</a>]: failed to open dir: Too many open files' in /home/kickboar/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php:196 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('/home/kickboar/...', 0) #1 /home/kickboar/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php(196): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->getChildren() #2 /home/kickboar/public_html/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php(845): Smarty_Internal_CacheResource_File->clear(Object(Smarty), '/home/kickboar/...', 'crossselling', NULL, NULL) #3 /home/kickboar/public_html/classes/Tools.php(2728): Smarty->clearCache('/home/kickboar/...', 'crosssell in /home/kickboar/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php on line 196

Any ideas?

Edited by frisbee-gr (see edit history)