modified front office translation doesnt show

I have updated the "Home Phone" field to just "Phone" (user registration) but it does not show in the actual field when you go to the website and register it still shows as "Home Phone".

Any thoughts ?

When i go back and verify the entry is still there, and should be translate....unfortunately not.

I'm using latest release Version 1.2.5.0 - 0.133s on Linux/Appache webhosting.

This might seem like a basic question - but are you clicking the save button all the way at the end?

I miss doing that sometimes and can't figure out why things don't update on f/o. The text stays on the b/o page but until i click save it doesn't update.

there is an issue with some server config's try to create a file named php.ini and save it into your admin directory, inside this file you need to put:

suhosin.request.max_vars = 2048
suhosin.post.max_vars = 2048

This should fix your problem imediately! at least it worked for me and i was trying to find a solution for this problem for "ages".

• Like 1

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion unfortunately it doesn't make any difference for me :(
I created the file as you mentioned and placed it in my admin folder.
Even removed the translation and put it back again but still does not show in the actual field on the website.
And for the previous post on this, Yes i do push the update button to safe the entry.
It also is there when i go back, just does not translate.

Any suggestions are welcome, just want to avoid making the changes hardcoded like i did before
since that will make a future upgrade almost impossible.

Unfortunately the translation is still not working, i have checked all posts in this topic about access rights, php.ini etc but non are working :(
I would really like to fix the problem before proceeding and start translating hardcoded in the tpl files.

So to be clear, i can manually update and save a translation for the Front Office like "Home Phone -> Phone". And when i go back the entry
is still there. But does not show if you go to the website and in this case create a new account.

Any help is welcome !

Upadate about this topic, it seems that the actual translation (Front Office) is working for some fields like in the "Authentication" section so i can update the field "Create your account" into "Create Account" and that works.
My problem is that it will not take any changes in the "Address" section for example i want to change the "Home Phone" field in simple "Phone" i can edit and successfully save the entry...but it will not show the updated text.

Any thoughts ?

• 4 weeks later...

I had the similar problem today (that's how I found this thread). I tried the solutions listed above without any success. The translated strings was saved from back office and where there in the language file for the specific module that gave me the problem. I also tried to copy the translated strings to the language file in my theme. After I did this I could see the translated string first appear in my front office and one second later be replaced with the original string.

I didn't dig deeeper in this problem, but one thing that perhaps could give this problem (for someone else to find out?) is that my shop only has one language in the front office and thus the shop thinks that it's english that's the default language and doesn't translate my strings.

• 1 month later...

i have an idea and i cant find what the problem is :(

modules and subfolders have 755 chmod permissions ( i also tried 777)
all files under modules has 644 ch mod ( i also tried 777)

I write somethings accross to english words and i saved. When i re-open module translation tabs i see that my translated words are dissappeared.It only happened some modules .Other modules are translateable as normal.