Fixed - Installing Prestashop

Hi:

I am not a newbie to Prestashop by any means but am baffled by some issues that have come up during install of Prestashop on Ipage after they have upgraded their PHP.

Originally I had issues with install (years ago) and it turned out to be the session_save.path, that was corrected and installs have always been fine, now with this upgrade I can no longer edit the session path as it is set and not editable in the PHP.ini file.

The install gets to 23% creating default shop and just sits there forever, I get no error the install just never completes.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so how was it resolved.

I have tried several versions of Prestashop including the one in their Simple Scripts none will install and all stop at the same point.

I would also like to know what host some of you are using so if I have to move I can hopefully avoid further issues.

PS: Can you look at your PHP info and scroll down to Session and tell me what your session.save_path is.

to see your php info upload the file below to the root of your shop then go to www.yourdomain.com/phpinfo.php

phpinfo.php

Thanks.

Fixed by changing to A2 hosting

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)