Database Link Cannot Be Established

PCloud

Question

Hi,

I have been setting up my prestashop store by configuring it mostly with different modules and plugins on the Prestashop cloud.

I was fine with most things, till I received the following error on the front end and the back end of the store.

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'sql3.prestashopfr1.ha.ovh.net' (4)

It seems to be an authentication issue with the MySQL database. I do not have the credentials to connect to this database since the infrastructure is on the cloud.

This also raises critical concerns as to store backup and availability in the event of the failure?

I would like to know what is available within the infrastructure as of today. Is the site stored in more than one location and is it backed up?

Can you also share what kind of resources are available for the store in terms of technology? I understand that this maybe shared physical server with different databases and corresponding prestashop codes.

I would very much like my website to be stable up and running and will shift it to a stable provider if I can take it off the prestashop cloud as it is configured today.

I have invested over £ 2k on the modules to date. So I am taking this very seriously and I would like some online or email support.

Best Regards,

Asif Malik

Founder

Indefinite Ceiling

store.indefiniteceiling.com

35 answers to this question

Bonjour,

je rencontre également le message d'erreur suivant : Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'sql3.prestashopfr1.ha.ovh.net' (4)

D'après les différents échanges j'ai l'impression que cette erreur remonte au 9 décembre 2014 et nous sommes le 4 janvier 2015.

Ce problème est-il toujours d'actualité ou avez-vous une solution à me fournir ?

Merci de votre retour.

I have this problem too right now:

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'sql3.prestashopfr1.ha.ovh.net' (4)

Only thing I did was deleting the prestashop highpay module from position displaypayment top. when I tried to move an other module in this position, this problem occured a several times. Reloading made it possible to connect again into my backoffice, but now I can't reach backoffice and frontoffice....

Edited by naturessenzen (see edit history)

Hello,

I have the same problem. It is not possible for me navigate into backoffice and frontoffice.

Error:

"Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'sql3.prestashopfr1.ha.ovh.net' (4)"

Hello,

I have the same problem. It is not possible for me navigate into backoffice and frontoffice.

Error:

"Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'sql3.prestashopfr1.ha.ovh.net' (4)"

Well, then it doesn't seem to be a problem with my modul positions,

hope Prestashop will work soon on this issue!

i conect to ftp , i see the archives config.inic.php but when ai gp to download o edit

say me " remote file not found "

1z2m1yc.png

I'm no expert with Prestashop Cloud, but i'm pretty sure we don't have access to the file "config.ini.php". In fact look at the "Description" for that file on the imaged you posted up!! It's just a shortcut link.