Lightbox - Shadowbox intergration with Prestashop

After working for awhile, I was able to successfully integrate Shadowbox. Personally, I prefer Shadowbox over both Lightbox and the horrible Thickbox. Maybe Prestashop developers can consider switching or even offering an option.

Anyway, here's what you need to do:
Of course, download Shadowbox. Now drop the entire folder in your directory. I suggest dropping it in the root. Now copy the code and add it in your header.tpl, but add it directly after the opening HEAD tag, not before.

Now here's the thing: Usually it will detect where the Shadowbox folder is, but in Prestashop, it doesn't work. So what you need to do is give the location of both the css and js files. For example, change to something like this:
Change from:

shadowbox.css
shadowbox.js

to:

shadowbox/shadowbox.css
shadowbox/shadowbox.js

This example is assuming that you dropped the Shadowbox file in the root of Prestashop.
Now just call your link by adding the rel="shadowbox".

That's it! It worked perfectly for me with no problems at all. As far as implementing on the front page, you'd just do the same by calling shadowbox when editing front page.

I'm considering making a mod for Shadowbox.

Let me know if you need more help.
Good luck!

Chris

• 1 month later...
I went to your security products site but there is no shadowbox but just thickbox, however, in source there is the shadowbox script included. How does it work then?

I only needed Shadowbox for videos, since it's much better looking and more customizable than Thickbox. So I've called Shadowbox only for the videos. For images, I'm fine with the included Thickbox.

Go to the page below, then click one or both of the videos towards the bottom and you'll see Shadowbox in action when the video pops up.

http://watchdogsafetyproducts.com/animal-repellers/21-mace-bear-repellent-pepper-spray.html

• 2 months later...

I'm currently working on an image gallery module that uses Fancybox to display the full-size images. I had to modify it to work with jQuery v1.2.6 though. Maybe it could be adapted to work with product images too. It will be a couple more weeks before the module is ready for release though.