Php Fatal Error In /tools/tcpdf/tcpdf.php On Line 8618 - Cannot Generate Invoice

Hello 

i am running 1.6.0.9. Recently installed  new credit card payment gateway that works successfully on another hosted site.

Customer sees  the following error when completing a credit card payment:

"Cart cannot be loaded or an order has aleady been placed using this cart".

Checked the hosted provider error log and it shows

PHP fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceded in

........tools/tcpdf/tcpdf.php on line 8618.

This line refers to imagemagick extension and line $img -> writeimage ( $temp file. etc)

I have checked the subdirectory cache/tcpdf and it is 40Mb!

Also i cannot  view any invoices. Prestashop simply hangs. 

I note my invoice image is a jpg not png yet the section of code for imagemagick says the code is for processing png images...

Can anyone assist me in suggesting what steps i can take now  to further my understanding of the problem.

is it a setting on the hosted platform that is set incorrectly?   Or is my htaccess setting incorrect . Any help appreciated. Chris

Hello

Thanks for your comment.  Yes i have investigated the size of the logo.14k.  I have also tried a png logo of 11k. Still hangs when I attempt to view an invoice.

i have tried setting the generation of invoices to "off" by setting in BO  Order / Status for "approved" credit card transaction to off to try and isolate the problem.

I then tried a credit card transaction and received the " approved" response from the bank. Bank confirms  that the transaction has completed but

when I select "next" on the credit card transaction form on the web page I see   the following error:

"Cart cannot be loaded or an order has aleady been placed using this cart".

and then this stays on this screen. i have confirmed that now in this case with the new status setting that no invoice is generated.

Is there any way i can add more logging into prestashop to catch what is happening after i present "next" . tpl of php type logging?

i am not an experienced developer so any hints to help me diagnose the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Chris