Is Prestashop Not Improving To Make More Money?

My question may be a bit cheeky, but I think its a real problem. I believe that prestashop doesn't improve in form of some little features, to sell more modules! Am I crazy? Here some examples:

- Remove the ids from the urls. Hundret of peoples want this, but prestashop just ignores them.

- Transform the order_id in a number. Very few people likes this kind of id: YLDKWDS. But Prestashop won't give the possibility to transform in 1.7.

- Editing and Deleting orders. Editing orders is quite limited. Deleting and merging orders is not possible.

- ExtraTabs on Product and Category Pages. Why is this not possbile?

Please note, that this functions are easy to implement and they are relevant to a huge part of the community. I understand that prestashop needs to earn money trough modules. We bought a lot for our own shop and this is ok. I would never ask for a free amazon market place or an affiliate module from prestashop! BUT it seems that prestashop doesn't add some little stuff, to earn money with such little (bestseller) modules.

Since I know that officials will try to find excuses why an id should be in the url: at least give the people the possibility to CHOSE if they want ids in the url or not.

How do you think about it?

Well, keep in mind that PrestaShop is open-source software which needs to make money from Addons, that's why you'll not see better blocklayered, better order managament etc.

It's for sure simply business decision.

btw. removing IDs from URL has nothing to do with increasing SEO results, there is no datas saying that this is something important

Well, keep in mind that PrestaShop is open-source software which needs to make money from Addons, that's why you'll not see better blocklayered, better order managament etc.

It's for sure simply business decision.

btw. removing IDs from URL has nothing to do with increasing SEO results, there is no datas saying that this is something important

As I wrote: I know that they need to earn money trough modules. I bought some modules (for example your amazing blog). But these functions above are very little features! This is the reason why I didnt used examples like: blog, newsletter, google shopping and so on. 

I know that the id is probably not harmful for seo reasons. We have them in and we rank well. But they look ugly! 

Edited by wakabayashi (see edit history)

You know there are plenty of things which needs improvements, more important ones, performance, database structure, whole attributes/combinations mechanism, multi-store management and many, many more, but... for now PrestaShop will be rewritten partially on the new architecture with only little improvements for developers like new way to get list of products, search products - nothing big, nothing from your list, for sure I as developer can introduce some improvements on GitHub but...

To be honest many of super nice, little improvements contributed by developers are simply ignored by PrestaShop team, no reply on GitHub, no reply on Forge... for example there is a guy on GitHub, PhpMadMan, they contribute a lot of cool stuff, for example super redesigned order or full B2B support for PrestaShop, and what? Nothing, few replies, few contacts and after few months they wrote him that 1.6.1 is no longer improvement, boom! :)

I have a module of phpmadman as well :D he wrotes the transformation for order_id and I think he offered to implement it in core. But they didn't want. Thats why I believe they want to make the money with it. 

I stopped to report on forge. My last report took my about an hour to write and make the screenshots. It's about multistore features: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-5046

I never got an answer... Prestashop often speaks about the amazing community, but they are not been able to use them.

But lets go to the main topic: Do you see another reason than money to not implement the possibility of order_ids with numbers? 

Also is questionable why so early after 1.6 the version of 1.7 will come!? Many developper offer free updates for 1.6 but they won't for 1.7. So prestashop genereates new sales...

Edited by wakabayashi (see edit history)

Other reasons? Well, other priorities I guess, no one at this moment thinks about such a ideas, more likely they think about new Starter theme/theme, new back-office look and new architecture.

Also is questionable why so early after 1.6 the version of 1.7 will come!? Many developper offer free updates for 1.6 but they won't for 1.7. So prestashop genereates new sales...

I left few thoughts about this on my twitter here: https://twitter.com/podemski

I think 1.6 should have limited time support and accept new features from contributors but as we can see PrestaShop has other plans, not a better ones in my opinion

Hi I just wanted to follow up on one point 

"- Remove the ids from the urls. Hundret of peoples want this, but prestashop just ignores them."

My understanding and from a very experience source is that id's in url are not an issue, my source says not issue since 2010.

I'll also say one of the real issues I see on client shops and here on community after attempting to 'clean url', is continuous problems this creates.  My advice now and has been to 'not' use a clean url method.

Here is an example of url of Amazon radio

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-ICF38-Portable-Radio-Black/dp/B0016OEV7C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449241296&sr=8-1&keywords=radio

my three cents

For the IDs in the URL I would keep them untill there will be some checking process inside the code which will deny any duplicate friendly urls.

But the order ID to be numeric I would definitely be happy to see this implemented.

The rest of the proposed changes would be very nice to have.

• Like 1

For the IDs in the URL I would keep them untill there will be some checking process inside the code which will deny any duplicate friendly urls.

But the order ID to be numeric I would definitely be happy to see this implemented.

The rest of the proposed changes would be very nice to have.

Thanks for sharing.  The forum is for community members but is not observed by PrestaShop development.  If you have idea and want to propose to development team you can open a 'feature' request on forge: http://forge.prestashop.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

It's a great way to share your knowledge of day to day operations and how they can be improved.  happy day, el