Usps Carrier Addon Did Not Install

I started a new site today and the free USPS carrier addon did not come bundled with the most recent version of Prestashop 1.6.1.3.

I couldn't actually find it in any of my old installs either. I went to Github and got the master branch copy of it and that just kept throwing errors at me. I actually found a topic where someone had the same problem and some people offered up their copy of the module for him. However, for some reason, I am not allowed to click on attached images or zip files in this forum anymore and I have no idea why. 

The end result for me was that I got a copy of this addon from a 1.5 version of prestashop that a friend of mine is running. Thankfully, it is functional so far. 

For anyone else having this issue I will attach my copy of USPSCarrier that worked. Prestashop would not automatically install it for me. I had to unzip it, then transfer it to the modules folder via FTP.

Hope this helps anyone else searching for this issue and if anyone can tell me why this module is almost impossible to find a copy of and didn't come ready to install with my fresh prestashop install that would be great.

uspscarrier.zip

Edited by Nepherael (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

=-(

I am using 1.6.0.6 and I have tried both of the versions here as well as the Githum version, zipped and manual. Presta shop shows it as installed but it does not find it at all from the list.

I have no idea what could be wrong.

I did manual upload of another module to make sure I am not ahving issue with uploading module and that works.