Hello All,

On type of category name in quick search bar , result should contain the products from search category.

I have checked forum for help but i didn't get exactly.

I also check with preferences >> search weight concept, but unfortunately didn't work.

Please help me out.

Thanks!

sorry for my bad English, but I did not understand your question correctly, by using the search does not display any product? if that's what you're looking for an answer, try to go to settings -> search for and click on Rebuilding the entire index.

I hope that is the answer

Edited by lui1969 (see edit history)

sorry for my bad English, but I did not understand your question correctly, by using the search does not display any product? if that's what you're looking for an answer, try to go to settings -> search for and click on Rebuilding the entire index.

I hope that is the answer

When we put some text to search bar , it searches in the products, right!

But I also want to search in category.

For ex : if I am searching "Perfume" in search bar , and if there is a category as 'Perfume' then all the products from that category including other product having "Perfume" Keyword should display as result.

I hope now you can get what i want to put :)

ok, you have to work on the code to get the result that you want, I suggest you buy a module that does this, I think it has developed nemo (one of the moderators of prestashop)

Thanks alot lui1969.

I have checked that module, but it provides category dropdown for the filtration. I am not looking for that functionality.

• 5 months later...