Creating a full width block on the home page using the default PS 1.6 template

Hi All,

I'm using the default theme of PS 1.6 and i'm looking for an easy way to create a full with block on the homepage.

Like for example the slider, but not only. I'm also using a free text area module, and i want it to be full width.

I recognize that my goal is "only" to enhance my design.

post-949359-0-29653400-1447270286_thumb.jpg

I know that the page width is determined by the ".container" class, and that the structure in the header.tpl file is linked to the footer.tpl.

Is it possible to create a new hook, maybe above or under the <div class="container"> and then hook my modules there ? If so which part of the template do i have to change ?

Or maybe another solution exists ?

Thank you everyone for your time

Alex

It might get complex. YOu need to change most of the template. You have to remove the page wrapper, and let the page span across the whole screen. Then, use containers for each area, so you can leave yours, in the middle, without. It can be done, but requires a lot of effort, and might break some modules

• Like 1

Hi Nemo1,

Thank you for your quick answer. Removing the page wrapper and use the containers for each earea might be really complex, the best will be to develop my own template or buy one. I'll see if i got time.

Maybe another solution is to use css to extend a child block background, despite the containers of the parent block, in order to create a "fake" full width bloc.

But i'm not sure that kind of code exists..