Create account gives blank page

Hello, When i click the register button on the create account page i am take to a blank page.  I tried some of the other solutions for blank pages and non have resolved my issue. I turned on display error and get the following result.

\nFatal error<\/b>: Call to a member function getProducts() on a non-object in \/home\/directvo\/public_html\/controllers\/front\/AuthController.php<\/b> on line 484<\/b>

\n"]}

Where is AuthController.php and do i need to make some modifications?

Bright

Edited by zumbador (see edit history)

I'm also having this error..

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getProducts() on a non-object in /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/centrality_pt/centralshop/controllers/front/AuthController.php on line 662, referer: https://loja.centrality.pt/login

Can anyone help with this?
Edited by PeterVD (see edit history)

I upgraded to 1.6.1.2 and I still have blank page / error 500 :(

[Fri Oct 30 12:21:22 2015] [error] [client 95.94.196.244] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/centrality_pt/centralshop/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_resource.php' for inclusion (include_path='/var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/centrality_pt/centralshop/tools/htmlpurifier/standalone:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/centrality_pt/centralshop/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1680, referer: https://loja.centrality.pt/xiuqnyedalocfe68/index.php?controller=AdminCountries&id_country=15&token=10f68b50252eaf43515d94406267bd29
[Fri Oct 30 12:21:22 2015] [error] [client 95.94.196.244] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Smarty_Resource' not found in /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/centrality_pt/centralshop/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_resource_file.php on line 19, referer: https://loja.centrality.pt/xiuqnyedalocfe68/index.php?controller=AdminCountries&id_country=15&token=10f68b50252eaf43515d94406267bd29
[Fri Oct 30 12:22:11 2015] [error] [client 95.94.196.244] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getProducts() on a non-object in /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/centrality_pt/centralshop/controllers/front/AuthController.php on line 662, referer: https://loja.centrality.pt/login

So, I was able to see the error with the debug on, can anyone help me with this?

{"status":false,"exit":false,"errors":["\nFatal error: Call to a member function getProducts() on a non-object in \/var\/sentora\/hostdata\/zadmin\/public_html\/centrality_pt\/centralshop\/controllers\/front\/AuthController.php on line 667\n"]}

HI. So if i interpert your response correctly that snippit of code is missing from my AuthController.php and the AuthController.php has not changed since PS 1.5.1.0. Right? So i should be able to extract AuthController.php from the PS 1.6.1.2 download and copy over my AuthController.php on my server. If thats what you are saying i tried it and same result. Perhaps i missinterperted your response?

Bright

No, I meant that $this->context->cart object is empty (doesn't exist). That line is old code, so you can forget about a new part of code and its bug at that place.

The problem is elsewhere and to mention the AuthController.php file and that line doesn't help. Debugging row-by-row is needed.

• 6 months later...

When I click on "my account" in my site I get a blank page. I turned on the error reporting and am getting the below. Any idea how to correct this?

Notice: Undefined variable: id_lang in /home1/kiteboa3/public_html/modules/posmegamenu/posmegamenu.php on line 652

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' with message 'Syntax Error in template "/home1/kiteboa3/public_html/themes/pos_argona_watch/authentication.tpl" on line 577 "<label for="phone">{l s='Home phone'}</label>" - Unexpected "Home", expected one of: "}" , " " , ATTR' in /home1/kiteboa3/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:667 Stack trace: #0 /home1/kiteboa3/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3144): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error() #1 /home1/kiteboa3/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3209): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->yy_syntax_error(19, 'Home') #2 /home1/kiteboa3/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_smartytemplatecompiler.php(105): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->doParse(19, 'Home') #3 /home1/kiteboa3/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase in /home1/kiteboa3/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 667

• 4 weeks later...

This is important

Syntax Error in template /themes/pos_argona_watch/authentication.tpl on line 577

Thanks for the info. Any suggestions on how to fix? Should I replace this file? I have been getting some reports from customers of errors about having to be "signed in" even if they just created an account are already signed in. I am getting no response from the creators of the theme.