"address format" option under "localization" not working

Hi there all! How is the address format under Localization->Countries->"Your Country" suppose to work? The Prestashop documentation is not clear to me unfortunately. I am looking for a backoffice feature to hide or show certain fields in the OPC checkout (social title, date of birth, phone number...).

Is this supposed to be the place where to define the fields to be shown, although it  seems not to be working? I can hide fields in the templates, but would actually prefer the backoffice, of course...

Right now I am looking primarily at the form fields of the Guest Checkout option in OPC/quick-order (order-opc-new-account.tpl PS 1.6.1.1). Should the address format option under countries also enable reordering of the fields? I did reorder the fields in the template order-opc-new-account.tpl. Maybe I will try the original file to be sure the  order-opc-new-account.tpl is not the problem. I was also wondering, do I have to reflect changes made to order-opc-new-account.tpl in authentication.tpl?