Multiple Prestashop in AWS

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking for information in order to use the AWS services. 

I already have one website running on AWS. We have EC2 and RDS, and one instance for each product. 

I'm looking to understand if I should create a complete new instance in EC2 and RDS to integrate my second website, or if I should make them work in the same. Or 2 EC2 and 1 RDS or 1 EC2 and 2 RDS.

What kind of information should I look to choose the right solution, keeping in mind that I am moving to AWS to have better performances.

Thank you for your answers, and have a nice day!

I moved away from AWS for Prestashop as the performance/price value wasn't right. I had a customers store running there on an average instance and RDS. We upgraded it to reach better performance but the costs went higher than the customer was willing to pay. So we looked around and switched to a great dedicated server, which brought at least double the performance for only about 1/3 of the costs.

If you don't need the other AWS features, this might be better. However if you want to use AWS, if you have a lot of requests per second, then you probably want to an EC2 instance (or several) with lots of cpu power to keep things performant. Rather that, than many RDS instances or than EC2 with memory focus.