Netflix for Books module

I am looking for a module which will allows me to use subscription service just like Netflix. However in this case it will be Books instead.

I would like to offer different subscription levels, and customers will be able to get books shipped to them or rent them on ebook reader.

Any ideas guys?

• Like 1

I don't think you will find a premade solution for this because of the amount of changes / interactions that are needed. The main issue is going to be with the payment gateway. There are a couple that allow for a subscription model, but the only one that handles it correctly is the SkyBank one. The difference in it is that it stores the subscription information in PrestaShop and processes the subscription order in PrestaShop. Most of the others just work off of the gateway. This has issues because if someone cancels on the gateway or their card gets declined, it is never communicated back to your shop. That is why that module is designed that way.

Also you are going to run into interactions with hiding content and showing content to users that would take core changes too that cannot be used with overrides, ie theme level changes.

• Like 2