No Carrier Available

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have almost the same issue.

Only the original 2 carriers appear ! Not the new ones.

I've checked that the zones are selected in Localization > Zones , and same for countries.

I've checked the new carriers and made them exactly similar to one of the native carrier which works, but without success.

I've also disabled the non prestashop modules and disabled the overrides... still bugged...

I've checked with the Smarty {debug} popup, and only the 2 first carriers are in the variables....

I've spent hours on it...

If anyone has fixed it... i have Prestashop v.1.6.1.4

Still nobody with a solution ?

I figured out that if i changed the carrier "id_reference" to 1 or 2 (which correspond to the native carriers), then it works! My carrier would display! Though, it's not a solution!

So i wondered if there was somewhere else a setting that wasn't well set while i've set the carrier in the BO. But it seems that id_reference is used only in the table ps_carrier.

I checked many times the settings for the zone, the carrier, even check if it wasn't a problem of tax...., i also tried to set the carrier for the product i test the purchase of, didn't work... so i reset to no carrier (in order to have all carrier selected).

Please HELP !!!

Bellini13, if you hear me.... help ! lol

Thanks by advance...

Still no life on this forum...

For those who might meet such problem... i noticed something which didn't solve my issue, but i think it's a good start:

When "advanced stock management system" is enabled, you need to create one or several warehouse, right ?!

So if you have carriers (as for me, i want to keep the default one at least until my bug is fixed), they might be selected by default.

In "Stock > Warehouse > Edit", it's said at the bottom of the page:

If no carrier is selected, all the carriers will be allowed to ship from this warehouse.

So i removed the carriers by selecting them then clicking on the button "Remove".

What is the next step ? -> "SAVE" button to click!

Once it was saved and i landed on the Warehouse list, normal.

Then i went to create a new Carrier in the BO, set everything... good.

I refreshed the chekout page to see my new carrier... i didn't see it.

i went to check the Database table ps_warehouse_carrier and how surprised... there was data in it !

The records were for the 2 native carriers that i actually removed from the selection... and my new carrier didn't appear (which is normal for the new carrier)!

So i went back in the Warehouses details, and noticed that actually the 2 native carriers were selected again! My new carrier wasn't.

I unselected these 2... saved.... And clicked on Edit again, in order to check if something changed.

Yes, something changed! When you unselect all the carriers, it actually select all the carriers... which in my opinion doesn't really make sense. I agree that if you select no carrier all the carriers are available... (that means all!)... so in my opinion, no need to create records to do it... if the result of the warehouse query return NULL, then just allow all the carriers... don't create records when we don't want records to be created !

That means, that each time that you create one or several carriers, you have to go to "Stock > Warehouse" and select/unselect the carriers again... quite confusing !

So the sentence "If no carrier is selected, all the carriers will be allowed to ship from this warehouse." is not quite exact actually. It should be written :

"If no carrier is selected, all the current carriers will be allowed to ship from this warehouse."

Though, as i said, even after setting this, it still didn't fix my issue... and i hope someone will be able to help.

I'm pro-active, i don't wait for people to give me the solution without searching by myself... i tried so many things... i reverted my code (SVN), reverted the database as well...

FYI, i migrated from v1.4.10 to 1.6.1.4 using SQL scripts coded by myself. I didn't use any Migration module because my database as well as my code has been quite customized by the time i created the website in 2013.

Thanks by advance for your help.

Edited by bbgun91 (see edit history)

Solved ! Finally...

but not really sure what was wrong. Just started the migration from scractch and migrated in another order the tables.

After re-doing from scratch the database migration (manually), because warehouses have their address recorded in the table ps_address, i figured out that it's of course better to migrate the table ps_address first, then create carriers (Cf. previous comment), and then enable advanced stock management and create the warehouse(s) through BO.

Otherwise, i got my addresses migration which replaced the warehouses addresses.

Also, when migrating products and stocks, make sure that in the table ps_stock_available, for each product you have a specific record with "id_product_attribute = 0" and "quantity" equals the sum of the quantities of all the different combinations of the product.

Here is the code i added to my migration:

INSERT INTO `ps_stock_available` (id_product, id_product_attribute, id_shop, id_shop_group, quantity, depends_on_stock, out_of_stock)
    SELECT id_product, 0 as `id_product_attribute`, 1 as `id_shop`, 0 as `id_shop_group`, SUM(quantity), 1 as `depends_on_stock`, 0 as `out_of_stock`
    FROM `ps_product_attribute`
    GROUP BY id_product;

I hope it could help someone with the same problem.

Cheers.

Edited by bbgun91 (see edit history)