Full store (many categories/subcategories) & products = page is very very slow

Hi.

I have also noticed Prestashop is slower than my previous shop with the same number of products (700)

I have also started to get some warnings from Google telling me that Some URLs in the Sitemap have a high response time.

And the picture clearly shows that Google has had to spend much longer spidering my site.

We used to have a little bit of code to debug queries (chemo) to find the bottlenecks,
And I got my db queries down to less than 20.
We really need something similar for Prestashop.

Regards.

Ken.

1700_3htRiOlra55X807RJxjk_t

Hi.

I have also noticed Prestashop is slower than my previous shop with the same number of products (700)

I have also started to get some warnings from Google telling me that Some URLs in the Sitemap have a high response time.

And the picture clearly shows that Google has had to spend much longer spidering my site.

We used to have a little bit of code to debug queries (chemo) to find the bottlenecks,
And I got my db queries down to less than 20.
We really need something similar for Prestashop.

Regards.

Ken.

right, im open to donate optimatisation... (OR some quick && dirty solution too)

yes, this is important. I currently have a installation of the demo with sample data and it's very slow on my hosting company. they are however budget hosting, but so far all the installations I have seen including the demo here on prestashop.com seems a bit slow in response time.
Something needs to be done.

Examples, same hosting company
PrestaShop with sample data and sample theme: 21,4 seconds to load the startpage completly
OsCommerce with 14 categories and about 70 products: 8 seconds

(In this time the image loading was completed so graphic ofcourse have a affect on these times, BUT, it's still a too big difference)

hi guys,

i followed this instructions:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/1953/General_discussion/How_to_use_the_Smarty_cache_my_first_attempt

Works great for blockmodules (e.g. categoriesTree), but still big problems with main content. For example order.php is cached and this is really stupid (so if i remove/add some product, no changes made)... i need to make deeper research...

regards

pali