How to refund product paid with PayPal?

A customer ordered 3 products, but one was returned. So I clicked "product return" and selected "return to inventory" and "generate credit".

My order list now shows the three products. Two are sent and one is returned. There is an extra column. The returned product shows "paid back: $0 (of $X)"

All went well with the returning but nowhere could I select to pay back the product... Now, on the top of the page there is another option "partial refund". When I click that, the two not-returned products light up and I can select how much to pay back, but not the returned product. :(

So... how to repay a returned product!?

By default Prestashop is designed to provide a credit to the customer (not a refund) when an item is returned.  It is the job of the payment module to implement the refund feature, assuming that it can.

Payment Modules like check, bankwire, COD obviously cannot automatically refund.

Payment modules like Paypal however can, under certain circumstances though.

So you said yourself you can provide a partial refund, just enter the amount you wish to refund and see if it works?

By default Prestashop is designed to provide a credit to the customer (not a refund) when an item is returned.  It is the job of the payment module to implement the refund feature, assuming that it can.

Payment Modules like check, bankwire, COD obviously cannot automatically refund.

Payment modules like Paypal however can, under certain circumstances though.

So you said yourself you can provide a partial refund, just enter the amount you wish to refund and see if it works?

I realize that I can refund (partially). The problem is that you can no longer enter a refund value for a 'returned' product (strangely enough!). I first returned the product. Now the product is registered as returned but if I click "refund products", then the "amount to refund" textbox is no longer there for the returned product, but still for the not-returned products.