Unable to install module Categories Block

I already wrote this in another thread, but that one was already marked as solved, so I got no answers...

I cannot activate or reinstall the categoriesblock module.

I have this problem now!

It drives me mad.

I tried all the above.

I also copied the blockcategories from another fresh install.

I use the newest Prestashop.

I also checked whether de left column is active in the default bootstrap theme... it is.

When I try to reinstall it, I get this message:

De volgende module(s) konden niet goed worden geinstalleerd: (which means in English: The following modules could not be properly installed:)

• blockcategories :

When I change for some other theme, the same problem occurs.

I do not know how to move forward..

Please help me!

I am having this too with Prestashop 1.6.1.1  !

I did the following:

1. Deinstalled the module blockcategories

2. Cleared the cache

3. Reinstalled the module blockcategories from a 100% fresh install of 1.6.1.1 on another site.

4. Activated the module blockcategories

I still get the error message:

The following module(s) could not be installed properly:  blockcategories

I also reinstalled the defautl bootstrap theme form the other fresh install and I checkes whether the left column is on. It is!

Please help me!!!!!!   It drives me mad!

• 7 months later...

I finally did the DEV mode in a cloned installation.

When I want to install the CATEGORIES BLOCK module I get this error message:

[PrestaShopDatabaseException]

Unknown column 'hide_host_mode' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO `wjrm_tab` (`id_parent`, `position`, `module`, `class_name`, `active`, `hide_host_mode`) VALUES ('-1', '8', 'blockcategories', 'AdminBlockCategories', '1', '0')

at line 791 in file classes/db/Db.php

786.         if ($webservice_call && $errno) {787.             $dbg = debug_backtrace();788.             WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '[SQL Error] '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);789.         } elseif (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS')) {790.             if ($sql) {791.                 throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');792.             }793. 794.             throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());795.         }796.     }

Any idea how to solve this?

I just found the way to insert that column:

Nemo1 had written it in another thread:

Since this is the issue

Unknown column 'hide_host_mode' in 'field list'

Login to phpMyAdmin, navigate to ps_tab table and then structure -> add a new column

I did this and it worked. It also cured another module (1-click-update) that could not be installed.

Thanks!

• Like 1