Email links not working

Prestashop 1.6.0.14

SEO/URLS:

• Friendly URLs YES
  • Accent URLs NO
  • Disable Apache Multiview NO
  • Disable mod_security NO

English Translation with default email templates and translations.    Snippet of the generated email sent will put the shop name in blue but it is missing the URL link.

<a style="color:#337ff1">Paw Prints Screen Printing</a>

Shop URL is set properly in settings and checked it against a test install site of Prestashop where it was working.   Only difference between the test site and the failing site is the failing site is using MailJet.

Completely stumped.   Thoughts or suggestions?

Yes the variable is set.  Added to line 313

PrestaShopLogger::addLog($template_vars['{shop_url}'],3,null,'shop_url_debug');

and the log shows

https://www.ncpawprinting.com/

I should also mention that none of the links in the email seem to be filled out which is why I am focusing on shop_url.   Could there be another issue?

Edited by geoffcorey (see edit history)

Very odd.   Did a diff between directories of my test install and the live shop.   Looks like the templates are hosed up pretty bad.   Here is a snippet of the bottom of the shipped.html template

</tr><tr><td class="footer" style="border-top:4px solid #333333;padding:7px 0;"><a style="color:#337ff1;" href="%7Bshop_url%7D">{shop_name}</a> powered by <a style="color:#337ff1;" href="http://www.prestashop.com/">PrestaShop™</a></td>

Note the href.  Looks like the template got url encoded or something.   No idea what caused it.

Code: %7B is curly brace { and %7D is } 

the right way should be {shop_url}

I am not sure why, but some how editing templates from backOffice replaces curly braces with codes and template parser can not insert the link in the right place.

I think I saw similar post somewhere.

Maybe solution would be to edit email templates with code editor not in the backOffice

Edited by Simonas Invertus (see edit history)