Paypal IPN email from paypal

Elfvy

Hi all,

I received an email from paypal today saying that their SSL cert is being upgraded, we have been identified as a merchant who has used IPN within the last year.

So I really concerned about this, I have checked the paypal module as as far as I can see it uses API thats where my credentials are and it is v3.8.4, I also looked into my business paypal account and IPN notification is turned off and always has been.

So do I need to do anything about this as paypal says the upgrade is going to happen on the 30/9/15 or before, I also read that my server has to be SHA 256 if I use IPN, problem is I dont even know if I do or not, I assume I use API, could anyone please be so kind if I do need to do anything.

Kind Regards

Edit

I forgot to mention I am on prestashop v 1.6.014

Edited by Elfvy (see edit history)

OK, am a bit confused because I just installed the paypal europe module, entered my API credentials and in my paypal account IPN notification was never set to on, if paypal europe module uses IPN then every prestashop store that uses paypal module is going to have this problem also then?

you don't need to turn IPN on in your paypal account for IPNs to be sent.  IPN's are automatically sent to the client who created the transaction, in this case, the Paypal module sent the transaction to Paypal, and told Paypal to send notifications (IPN) to it.

You would enable IPN's in your Paypal account profile if you wanted to send ALL notifications somewhere else...

ah ok thanks for that, I did check in the module section of the BO for it but I now realize that it has to be done manually, so the new update will make my issue resolved now or do you think i will still need to do something so paypal keeps working?

I too am still confused by it, the upgraded paypal module does have ipn.php so i guess that uses it also, I know that it mentions VeriSign I dont even know where I can find out if the paypal module uses it, I am just hoping of some sort of advice or solution before it gets upgraded as my shop only method of payment is paypal.

Edited by Elfvy (see edit history)