Setting memory_limit causes blank screen. Help!

After upgrading to 1.6.1.1 I was experiencing the memory limit error which prevented all of the modules from loading correctly. 

The website is www.omnomnuts.com/omnom

After searching the forums I found a solution that had worked for a number of other people. I added the line:

ini_set('memory_limit','128M');

to config/config.inc.php to try to increase my server's memory limit.

After doing this, my site disappeared, both front and back end. When I restored the original config/config.inc.php file the site is still unreachable. I get nothing but a blank screen. Can you or anyone else help me resolve this issue?

In order to debug, I added the following lines to config.inc.php:

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');
define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

This is the error that shows:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Adapter_Exception' with message 'Service container is not set.' in /home/omnomnut/public_html/omnom/Adapter/Adapter_ServiceLocator.php:49 Stack trace: #0 /home/omnomnut/public_html/omnom/classes/ObjectModel.php(232): Adapter_ServiceLocator::get('Adapter_EntityM...') #1 /home/omnomnut/public_html/omnom/classes/shop/Shop.php(131): ObjectModelCore->__construct('1', NULL, NULL) #2 /home/omnomnut/public_html/omnom/classes/shop/Shop.php(397): ShopCore->__construct('1') #3 /home/omnomnut/public_html/omnom/config/config.inc.php(100): ShopCore::initialize() #4 /home/omnomnut/public_html/omnom/admin8080/index.php(36): require('/home/omnomnut/...') #5 {main} thrown in /home/omnomnut/public_html/omnom/Adapter/Adapter_ServiceLocator.php on line 49

I've searched the forums for a solution, but haven't been able to find anything in English.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
-Bill

well, first thing I would do is remove the thing you added and see if the problem goes away...

Hi bellini13,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I saved the original config.inc.php and restored it immediately after the site disappeared, but the site is still gone. I've cleared the browser cache in Firefox, Chrome, and IE but to no avail. Unfortunately I don't have enough understanding of Prestashop to know what the debugging info is telling me.

Hello world

I have the same  problem

Upgrade to  1.6.1.1  with one click upgrade

www.suspensions4x4.fr

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Adapter_Exception' with message 'Service container is not set.' in /home/suspensi/www/Adapter/Adapter_ServiceLocator.php:49 Stack trace: #0 /home/suspensi/www/classes/ObjectModel.php(232): Adapter_ServiceLocator::get('Adapter_EntityM...') #1 /home/suspensi/www/classes/shop/Shop.php(131): ObjectModelCore->__construct('1', NULL, NULL) #2 /home/suspensi/www/classes/shop/Shop.php(397): ShopCore->__construct('1') #3 /home/suspensi/www/config/config.inc.php(97): ShopCore::initialize() #4 /home/suspensi/www/admin496sywg1o/index.php(36): require('/home/suspensi/...') #5 {main} thrown in /home/suspensi/www/Adapter/Adapter_ServiceLocator.php on line 49

after going through the forums, I find that this version is rotten
Is it possible to walk back and return to a previous version of PrestaShop with FTP server?

• 7 months later...