Can't remove text from Modules and Services->CMS block->Configure

dude12

I've added a test text in Modules and Services->CMS block->Configure (see screenshot)

The problem is that, now I can't get rid of it, because every time I try to save that field without anything in it, I receive the error message "Please provide footer text for the default language"

So, now I'm forced to have a text in my footer (see 2nd screenshot), which I don't want.

Any workaround?

post-1051055-0-91477800-1441907075_thumb.png

post-1051055-0-34770500-1441907187_thumb.png

I cleared both the cache in Prestashop and in my browser and it does not solve the problem.

This is obviously a bug that should be reported to the developers: you can't roll back to no text in there once you've put any.

Any idea where this is in the db so I can edit it straight from there?

• 4 weeks later...

I cleared both the cache in Prestashop and in my browser and it does not solve the problem.

This is obviously a bug that should be reported to the developers: you can't roll back to no text in there once you've put any.

Any idea where this is in the db so I can edit it straight from there?

Hi Dude12

I'm having this exact same problem. I added a dummy link in the "Footer Information" section and now I cannot get rid of it. When I try to I get the same "Please provide footer text for the default language" message.

Have you had any luck sorting this out?

Hi Ckay,

Another user suggested to just enter a space, which indeed allows to skip the error message, but even though I cleared my browser cache after that, the test text I created still shows up.

Hi Dude12

As it happens I tried that after my post yesterday and it worked for me. The point is that something rudimentary like that should not be happening. I like Prestashop but it certainly has its idiosyncrasies. Typically French I suppose. :-) 

I agree that PrestaShop still has some surprisingly basic bugs.

This said, the two other solutions I tried as e-Commerce websites, WordPress with the WP-ecommerce plugin and Magento were both horrible; WordPress because it's way too limited in terms of functionalities and Magento because it requires way too much manual coding.

Altogether, PS is not that bad and the community is very reactive.

Edited by dude12 (see edit history)

I don't know if this tip can solve this trouble on PS 1.6.1.1 but works on my PS 1.6.0.6 :

Try to change on : .\modules\blockcms\blockcms.php (from line 238) :

array(
    'type' => 'textarea',
    'label' => $this->l('Footer information'),
    'name' => 'footer_text',
    'rows' => 5,
    'cols' => 60,	
    'lang' => true
),

To :

array(
    'type' => 'textarea',
    'label' => $this->l('Footer information'),
    'name' => 'footer_text',
    'lang' => true,
    'rows' => 5,
    'cols' => 60,	
),

Friendly

Edited by myselfidem (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I agree that PrestaShop still has some surprisingly basic bugs.

This said, the two other solutions I tried as e-Commerce websites, WordPress with the WP-ecommerce plugin and Magento were both horrible; WordPress because it's way too limited in terms of functionalities and Magento because it requires way too much manual coding.

Altogether, PS is not that bad and the community is very reactive.

My comments were tongue-in-cheek. Prestashop is an excellent platform for more than just ecommerce websites. I am using it to build a corporate website -- more as a product feed and a CMS system than for ecommerce.

You are absolutely right about Magento, far too complex for my liking, and Wordpress is simply not fit for purpose.

Also, as you mentioned, the PS community is very helpful.