MAJOR flaw with combination generator

Hello all

I have been researching this for sometime and I am beginning to think there is a major flaw with the combination generator or rather Prestashop's approach to attributes. 

I am setting up a shop for a small fast food business. I am stuck at Pizzas. Let's do some numbers:

19 pizzas X 2 different base types X 3 sizes x [choice of 3 toppings and there are 38 toppings], multiplying them together gives me

19 x 2 x 3 x 38 x 38 x 38 = 6,255,408 different combinations in table ps_product_attribute & ps_product_attribute_shop and because there are 5 attributes, it means table ps_product_attribute_combinations needs (5 X 6,255,408 = 31,277,040) entries JUST for Pizzas. 

These 31 million records get read upon the load of the home page and my webserver, a fairly powerful, high resource server, cannot even load the page (it times out). 

In the meantime, I am tweaking with MySQL memory allocation and so on, but 43 million records in total for just 19 pizzas, just sounds wrong.There are other platforms which do not need to create every single permutation of attributes.

Am I missing something obvious here? Surely, this is not the first business which has products with 5 attributes. This is a last minute discovery when we are almost ready to go live and I am dreading the thought of starting this project all over again from scratch with a different platform.

Can anyone, please help?

Best wishes

Nima

Edited by Teddy's Dad (see edit history)

That is not a flaw. Most all shops will want combinations like that, because they actually stock products. Like Ipods, I wouldn't want to sell more red ones than I have. Or red 16gb ones. 

What you need is a 3rd party module called Attribute Wizard Pro. It is basically the only module that can do what you are looking for. You can find the module here, http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/attribute-modules/34-attribute-wizard-pro.html