Upgraded to 1.6.1.1 and now white screen in back office at random

In my back office, when I click on an order to view its details... instead I get a blank white screen.   This does not happen with every order in the back office, but a few.   And no matter what I do, I can not see the details, which is how I process and print the shipping labels....

does anyone have any tips or tricks on how I can debug and fix this?   No matter what browser I use, or PC i just get a blank white screen.    

Debug mode, I only see options for disabling all non-native modules... which I am pretty sure will cripple my store.

And the other option to disable all overrides, that did nothing at all when I turned it on.

Is there another debugging method I am overlooking??

What is odd, orders that gave me a blank white screen yesterday are loading today.    But there are new orders now that give me a white screen.

****edit****
I noticed in your signature, the line to edit to enable debug mode.    I edit the config/defines.inc.php and when I enabled debug mode I am now able to view the order that used to show white blank page.    

However the website is horribly slow now, and i am still not sure what is causing this problem.

Edited by subaru4wd (see edit history)

Enable debug in config/defines.inc.php

Find:

if (!defined('_PS_MODE_DEV_')) {
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);
}

change into:

/* Debug only */
if (!defined('_PS_MODE_DEV_')) {
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);
}

I just installed PS 1.6.1.1 and have the same issues. This is clean installation and tested on PHP 5.3, 5.4 and 5.5. However there are different error messages in different places. For example, going to:

Localization > Taxes gives this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ctype_lower() in /Applications/AMPPS/www/prestashop-1-6-1-1/tools/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier.standalone.php on line 20679

Order details:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatetruecolor() in /Applications/AMPPS/www/prestashop-1-6-1-1/classes/ImageManager.php on line 237

Not all links from the menu generate errors.

Jacek

As an update... I just installed PS 1.6.0.14 and surprisingly I receive the same error when going to  Localization > Taxes:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ctype_lower() in /Applications/AMPPS/www/prestashop-1-6-0-14/tools/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier.standalone.php on line 20679

Here is the solution: Disable Use HTMLPurifier Library in Preferences > General

If you (like me) can't get into Preferences > General because of this error message disable this from database - 'ps_configuration'

Jacek
Edited by Jacek Es (see edit history)

Ok so I am still having this issue.   I found today, 2 more orders that would not load.   Only get a white screen.

I went and enabled the debug mode, and it did not solve my problem.   So I disabled all my cache options, then cleared the cache.   Then logged out of the Back office, and logged back in.   And i was able to load the order.

I came across another order, and it gave me another white screen.  So I went back, disabled cache... cleared the cache again.  Logged out, then back in, and was able to view the order.

This is still going on and i am about to start setting stuff on fire just to watch it burn to the ground.

This is so frustrating.   Is there any reason this should happen?  Can i debug this problem?   Customers can not get their order if I can not view it.   

I have looked for anything these orders might have in common but have not found anything.   I am using a stamps.com module that generates labels inside the order details screen.  I also have the paypal module that shows information in the order details screen.

Today I had a very odd problem that related to this.    My employee at the warehouse could not view orders, he either got a white blank screen or the page loaded with no theme formatting.... only text on white screen.     My employee has this problem with EVERY order.

I tried viewing them at my house and they all loaded fine.   I have a different internet service provider than we use at the warehouse.    Although this problem effected both ISP's in the past, today it appears to only effect my warehouse.   

So frustrating.   

As an update... I just installed PS 1.6.0.14 and surprisingly I receive the same error when going to  Localization > Taxes:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ctype_lower() in /Applications/AMPPS/www/prestashop-1-6-0-14/tools/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier.standalone.php on line 20679

Here is the solution: Disable Use HTMLPurifier Library in Preferences > General

If you (like me) can't get into Preferences > General because of this error message disable this from database - 'ps_configuration'

Jacek

I too am experiencing the white screen when attempting to view a new order. This is a brand new install if Prestashop 1.6.1.1. This is the actual 1st order processed by the site. Not a good way to start off with Prestashop for a new client.

I follow the suggestion of Jacek and now I can view the order details in backoffice. Of course, I don't know yet what disabling HTML purifier will do to the rest of the site, but maybe the smart coders here can use this as a clue to determine what the problem is and fix it for good.

Luckily, this was just a test order and not one for a real customer yet. Might have to delay the store opening to ensure the shop backoffice is squared away first.

Thank you though Jacek.

Lou