Checkout error - losing customers!

Hi Guys

My site www.gustodirect.co.uk has an error on the checkout.

If someone tries to either create an account or uses the instant checkout, the phone number throws up an error in a red box.  Even though the phone number is entered and a green tick is displayed next to the field.

I have tried turning off the mandatory phone number option in the backend.

Vers 1.6.0.9.

Does anyone have any suggestions, I am going mad and suffering a lot of cart abandonments.  Using paypal though seems to allow purchases.

If you look at your check-out form there is only 'mobile phone',

but if you look view->source 

in the form you can find 

<div class="form-group is_customer_param" style="display: none;">
						<label for="phone_invoice">Home phone</label>
						<input type="text" class="form-control validate" name="phone_invoice" id="phone_invoice" data-validate="isPhoneNumber" value="">
					</div>

I am guessing this is causing your problem. 

Hi Masterzman

I tried everything I can think of, including disabling the mandatory phone number.  Driving me mad and costing me money!!

I think I'm going to have to quit and go back to opencart.  There doesn't seem to be a very good community here to help.

Hi El Patron

Sorry I didn't mean to slam the community, I have received help on other matters including from you.  So please accept my sincere apologies. 

I am however frustrated by the lack of my own ability to solve this.  I have started two previous threads without much of a reply, contacted the main Prestashop support and sent over access and ftp access for someone to diagnose before providing me with a quote. (i'm not looking to necessarily get free help!).  But that was weeks ago.

Here's the two other threads for interest.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/455737-checkout-error-prestashop-support-wont-answer/

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/451835-error-with-phone-number-on-checkout/

Really stuck and this might cost me my job!!!