SOLVED Can't add products in a fresh install of 1.6.1.1

Just done a fresh install  added my template theme,  manually picked all the example products and removed them,  and every time I try to add a product I hit save and the product title  vanishes and it doesn't exist. 

I thought I was going mad

I installed the default theme  and same result

I deleted the entire site  and reinstalled fresh again, this time I stayed with default them, I still cannot add products  anyone else had this issue if so  found a solution ? or can point me to a current discussion on this  I tried searching  but only found references to older versions and timing out whilst adding products.

Paul

Edited by puffdade (see edit history)

SOLVED

OK  tried all the the above to no avail

I have deleted  from server and done a fresh install yet again and still can't add products its all quite bizarre,  I would go to add product  fill in the name   just a test name for now add a reference  and hit save  a couple of seconds  later it refreshes  and the product test name vanishes  and product doesn't save,  try again using save and stay  same end result.

ok  5 installs  later  I can believe its working for others  and not me,  its time to grill the host company, i even give the log in to the tech guy for him to try he can't add products either

then all of a sudden he gets one to save, :)

This was a browser issue  Windose 10 Microsoft Edge sucks,   in Chrome  its perfect and works flawless  still a little slow on the save  but I hear that's a different issue altogether

I don't know if thats an Edge issue or Presta  but Chrome is the savior

Thanks All hope my hair being pulled out helps someone else

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...