Adding new manufacturer changes the Index URL !

FPA

Anyone noticed that when adding a new manufacturer changes the home page URL?

I did update my PS from 1.0.6.14 to 1.6.1 and I experience this behavior only since the upgrade.

Also, when adding the new manufacturer, it shows twice on the manufacturer's list, it's duplicated.

Removing the created Manufacturer from the list, sets the index URL back to normal. VERY weird !

Anyone has a solution/fix for that?

Edited by FPA (see edit history)

FPA, your explanation is rather vague. 

Can you explain how it changes your homepage url? I would expect your homepage url to be just www.yourshop.com.

And that manufacturer that shows twice, does it also have two manufacturer id's?

Sorry I thought I was clear enough.

When adding a manufacturer, the index page www.myshop.com becomes: www.myshop.com/manufacturer

I just created a test manufactrurer, as I didn't pay attention to the ID, sooner to check the IDs. But couldn't reproduce it. As the shop's online, I can't risk to mess up things much.

But noticed that when adding a manufacturer (active or not), If I enable/disable it things go back to normal. I mean I need to add the manufacturer, save it disabled, then enable it to be able to add a manufacturer and fix the shop's index URL.

Edited by FPA (see edit history)