[SOLVED] Cannot rename admin folder and login to BO?

Hello everyone, I am currently having an issue with renaming my /admin folder where it is not allowing me access to the BO once I rename the folder. I currently have four websites using PS and I can rename three out of the four of them without issue. For the one I am having trouble with it is constantly redirecting me after renaming the /admin folder where I cannot access the BO. For instance, if I rename the /admin folder via my FTP client then go to login to the BO I keep getting a redirect and the page refreshes and asks me input my credentials again. For security purposes, I rename the folders regularly and have not had any issue up until recently. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

J Dub

Edited by JDub1337 (see edit history)

Anyone have any input on this? I have deleted the htaccess files and tried to access the BO with the new /admin folder name and I am still getting redirects. Any help would be appreciated as I cannot find a solution through searching. Thanks.

J Dub

Solved my problem finally. After deleting the htaccess files and going into the php myadmin through my hosting provider and regenerating them with the new /admin folder seemed to do the trick. For some reason creating the htaccess files locally and uploading them via the FTP client was not generating the results I wanted, but doing it via the hosting providers side worked. 

J Dub

Yes, you should be able to rename your theme whatever you like during the installation process, or after for that matter. I have never experienced any difficulty renaming the themes before or after the installation process. As always, backup everything and create a copy and keep the default theme present and work off the copy. I have attached a link to another forum post that should assist you. Anymore questions and I would suggest starting a new thread as this post is for something entirely different. Have fun!

J Dub

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/60675-change-themeprestashop-folder-name/

Edited by JDub1337 (see edit history)