What is your favorite payment module?

Hello.  There are so many payment modules available.  Some have higher rates, and some have lower rates.  Does anyone here have a favorite?  Anything you like or dislike about a particular module?

I suppose it's obvious, but I should go ahead and say what I'm hoping for in a payment module.  Ideally, it would accept credit cards and PayPal, it would be really easy for the customer to use, and it would have the lowest rate possible.

Thank you!

Steven.

Hi, bellini13.  Thanks for voting your preference.  So what's good about Braintree?  Other modules are free.  Why is this one worth $40.00?  Have you tried any others?  Why did you decide to develop a module for Braintree instead of for a different payment service?  I know that's a lot of questions.  Free free to not answer them all.  I'm just wondering if you can share a few details about why you prefer Braintree.

Thanks again.

Steven.

Ok, I looked at Braintree, and it looks good.  I signed-up and purchased the module.  I liked a few things about it: It's owned by PayPal, so I trust it, it has an A+ BBB rating, and there are no transaction fees for the first $50,000 of purchases.  Also, it accepts both credit card and PayPal payments.  Now I will say that although I've purchased the module, I haven't used it, so this is not a review of the module, or for that matter, the Braintree service.  It's just me saying I like what they offer.  I hope it works well!  Thanks, Bellini, for responding to my original question.

Steven.

I didn't want to make it seem like I was pushing a sale for my module, so I wanted you to do your research on it.  As you discovered, they provided everything you were looking for.

I do also provide payment modules for other payment gateways, but I did not feel they offered what you were looking for.  I believe you will enjoy Braintree's features and support, they are actually very good.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bellini13, a question:

Braintree is asking me to fill out a Security Metrics PCI Compliance survey, and I've hit a snag regarding how payments are accepted by my site. I called Braintree who told me to call Security Metrics who told me to call Prestashop who told me to contact you. Can you help me with the following two true/false questions on the survey?

1) My website uses Direct Post/Transparent Re-Direct.

2) I accept payments using an I-Frame from a 3rd party source

I don't know whether either of these statements is true, so I appreciate your expertise. Thank you!

Bellini13, a question:

Braintree is asking me to fill out a Security Metrics PCI Compliance survey, and I've hit a snag regarding how payments are accepted by my site. I called Braintree who told me to call Security Metrics who told me to call Prestashop who told me to contact you. Can you help me with the following two true/false questions on the survey?

1) My website uses Direct Post/Transparent Re-Direct.

2) I accept payments using an I-Frame from a 3rd party source

I don't know whether either of these statements is true, so I appreciate your expertise. Thank you!

Is Dropin UI Disabled or Enabled?

Bellini13: I was looking at the Braintree web site https://developers.braintreepayments.com/javascript+ruby/guides/drop-in (near the bottom), and it appears that if even if I don't use the drop-in UI, I can still easily get PCI compliance if I use the Braintree "Hosted Fields."  

Does your Braintree module used hosted fields when drop-in UI is disabled?

Thanks for your help with this.

Thanks, Bellini.  That helps.  Do you know anything about my original questions?  Does the module:

1) use Direct Post/Transparent Re-Direct.

2) accept payments using an I-Frame from a 3rd party source

If you don't know, can you refer me to someone who might know?  Thank you so much for your help with this.  Braintree really wants me to complete this PCI compliance survey, and so far, no one knows these answers.

Thanks again.