WebService not constant working

Orien

Hello,

I created a service to update stock and add new products to my prestashop store. I update around 1000 + products and it takes me about 4500 seconds to do the service (i do it at 4:00 am when there is no traffic).

Its writen in PHP. The problem is:

Sometimes it runs ok till the end, and since last month it is giving me a error after 30 minutes

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PrestaShopWebserviceException' with message 'This call to PrestaShop Web Services failed and returned an HTTP status of 500. That means: Internal Server Error.' in C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\site\aon\prestashop\api\PSWebServiceLibrary.php:92 Stack trace: #0 C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\site\aon\prestashop\api\PSWebServiceLibrary.php(229): PrestaShopWebservice->checkStatusCode(500) #1 C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\site\aon\prestashop\application\controllers\api.php(289): PrestaShopWebservice->add(Array) #2 C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\site\aon\prestashop\application\controllers\api.php(46): Api->createProducts() #3 [internal function]: Api->index('8ecdd3f4b306bc3...') #4 C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\site\aon\prestashop\system\core\CodeIgniter.php(359): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\site\aon\prestashop\index.php(202): require_once('C:\Users\Admin\...') #6 {main} thrown in C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\site\aon\prestashop\api\PSWebServiceLibrary.php on line 92

The fun part is that the error is never in the same product (i print the product before it adds to prestashop) and there is no error on the database either.

Anyone experienced this error ? Maybe something on the server ?

are you sending in an array of products or are you adding a product 1 by 1. 

If you are sending an array of products, how many are you sending at a time?

I'm adding them 1 by 1 ... Is there a possibility to add them all together ?

I did a debug now and it gives me this error 

<error>
<code><![CDATA[97]]></code>
<message><![CDATA[[SQL Error] Duplicate entry '0-1602' for key 'PRIMARY'. From ProductCore->setWsCategories() Query was : 
					INSERT INTO `ps_category_product` (`id_category`, `id_product`, `position`)
					VALUES (0, 1602, 0),(0, 1602, 1)]]></message>
</error>
<error>
<code><![CDATA[85]]></code>
<message><![CDATA[Error occurred while setting the categories value]]></message>
</error>

The thing is before this one that product was updated correctly and didnt gave me the error... 

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

I'm getting a similar error when doing a POST request to add a new product. Which with my limited knowledge looks like an issue in Prestashop backend somehow but I also know others have managed to make a POST request and made it work. Any help is much appreciated:

<prestashop xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
<errors>
<error>
<message><![CDATA[
 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3. From ProductAdd->hookactionProductSave() Query was : 
SELECT *
FROM ps_product_lang
WHERE id_product=]]></message>
</error>
<error>
<message><![CDATA[[sql Error] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 1' at line 3. From ProductAdd->hookactionProductSave() Query was : 
SELECT *
FROM ps_stock_available
WHERE id_product= limit 1]]></message>
</error>
<error>
<message><![CDATA[[sql Error] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 1' at line 3. From ProductAdd->hookactionProductSave() Query was : 
SELECT *
FROM ps_product
</error>
<error>
SELECT *
FROM ps_product_carrier
</error>
<error>
<message><![CDATA[[sql Error] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3. From ProductAdd->hookactionProductSave() Query was : 
SELECT *
FROM ps_image
WHERE id_product=]]></message>
</error>
</errors>
</prestashop>

• 2 weeks later...

You have to clear the product associations categories list, before updating the item.

product.associations.categories.Clear();

//give new association that you want, could be the same

Bukimedia.PrestaSharp.Entities.AuxEntities.category associationCategory = new Bukimedia.PrestaSharp.Entities.AuxEntities.category(CategoryIDThatYouWant);
product.associations.categories.Add(associationCategory);

productfactory.Update(product);