Search results

innercode

Hello,

I have noticed strange search results in Addons market.

We will search for a module "mass combinations update", let's type into search field letter by letter and see search results appear:

"mass" - it doesn't appear in the instant search results but we can see it in lower positions in search results - great.

"mass co" - this one is quite strange  - 1 result which has "combination" word in its name but other modules are not shown.

post-356163-0-08841000-1439756818_thumb.png

"mass combinatio" - this one is even more strange, 1 result that is not relevant. Its main purpose is products and it appears in search results because of word "combinations" mentioned few times in description. No other modules that has something to do with combinations were found.

post-356163-0-33722700-1439756819_thumb.png

"mass combination" - found, great.

post-356163-0-52923500-1439757143_thumb.png

This post's purpose is not to advertise my module, you can play around with other phrases, e.g. "cache manager" vs "cache manage" (this one is not my module).

Results should be narrowed but more results are given with each letter (and word) typed. Also search results are not always relevant to the phrase you search. Some modules that appear don't even have that functionality that you search for.

I've already tried contacting Addons support but they couldn't provide me clear explanation and screenshots. Hope someone from Presta team will notice this post and he/she could do something about it. Thank you.

Edited by innercode (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello Sylvain,

That's great, but it is still there and it is really annoying.

I bought few modules and since there is no link to the module page in the downloads section, I've copy/pasted module's name in the search bar, and yes, you are correct, module was not found by its exact name.

• 1 month later...