[Solved] Big problem on Installation

I get this error during the installation and can't continue:

Error while inserting data into the database:

'CREATE TABLE ps_contact ( id_contact INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, email VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL, position TINYINT(2) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default ''0'', PRIMARY KEY(id_contact) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8'

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '0'', PRIMARY KEY(id_contact) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8' at line 4(Error: : 1064)

I'm installing it in my local machine running a test apache server. everything is fine with php configuration, i don't get any warning in the "system and permitions" page. it happens in step3, when i accept to create the database. 24 tables where created and can't continue, i'm stock, please help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi leanazulyoro !

Sorry for the waiting time but we're very busy these days.

I think the problem is not with MyISAM or InnoDB but just your SQL server being little too strict and wanting a default value of 0 instead of "0" because zero is an integer and not a string.

So, just try to edit the install/sql/db.sql file and change

position TINYINT(2) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default ''0''

to

position TINYINT(2) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default 0

And let the SQL magic do its thing ;)

My error says:

'CREATE TABLE ps_lang ( id_lang INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, name 

VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL, active TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, iso_code 

CHAR(2) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(id_lang), INDEX lang_iso_code(iso_code) ) 

ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8'
You have an error in your SQL syntax. [color=red]Check the manual that corresponds to your 

MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8' at 

line 8(Error: : 1064)[/color]

Help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Apache/2.0.52

MySQL version 4.0.23

PHP/5.0.3

I am having the problems as well on step 3,

'CREATE TABLE `ps_product_sale` ( `id_product` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL , `quantity` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `sale_nbr` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `date_upd` DATE NOT NULL , PRIMARY KEY ( `id_product` ) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8'

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''0', `sale_nbr` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `date_upd` DATE N' at line 3(Error: : 1064)

running uniform server on windows xp platform.

I did try changing position TINYINT(2) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default ''0'' to just 0, but that didn't work either. i have also tried installing both 0.9.6 and 0.9.7 RC1 to see if the error might have been corrected in the beta edtion but so far no dice :(

Any help would be much appreciated, I have looked at alot of other ecommerce shopping carts, but this one looks the most promising for my needs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry admin....  ::)

Bugs is not in Prestashop. Bugs is in installation documentation for it.

Resolution of this problem is installation of new version of Zend Optimizer. I install newest version Zend Optimizer 3.3 and no more this problem on my updated Clarcconnect. Check version of Zend Optimizer and install new. Installation is easy. Get Zend Optimizer from here http://www.zend.com/en/downloads/