Admin Page will not allow me to log in

UPDATE:

I just uninstalled and reinstalled, again.  Everything said it was successful and attempted to access the admin page again.

New error:

There is an error:

The employee does not exist, or the password provided is incorrect.

The password and login come from the software at the completion page.

This is the same error I had way back when I first messed up my install last year.

Can anyone help? :  (

No idea what I did.  I tried Startlogic support - they were no help.

Tried Mojo Marketplace help (place I got the install of Prestashop), and they were no help either.

Prestashop 1.6

My fault, I know, but hoping someone can help save me from my own stupidity.

Alison

Hi all,

This may sound a little convoluted, but I want to be sure you have all the information needed, so here goes:

• Had this installed and working a year ago
  • Messed it up myself - my fault
    • I tried to install again into another sub-directory and totally hosed my original install.  Didn't completely understand the software or install process. :  \
  • Uninstalled completely and software said it was successful
  • Reinstalled cleanly - success message
  • Domain is 'jewelrybyalison.com'
  • hosted at Startlogic
  • I tried to go to the URL for the admin panel to start configuring again, and it allowed me to TRY to log in
  • Used the password supplied during the install by the software
  • Error message:

There is an error:

1. Authentication failed.

• Not sure it matters, but using Windows 7, IE11

Is this possibly still looking for the old admin password from a year ago?  which I am sorry to say I no longer have...

Does this look like the correct URL:

http://www.jewelrybyalison.com/prestashop/psadmin/index.php?

If I can get the admin working, I should be able to reinstall the add-ons I bought and get this thing working again!

Any help truly appreciated!

Alison

Edited by alisonsheehan (see edit history)

RESOLVED:

This wasn't as weird as I thought.

I found a post about that error and simply changed the password.  I was assuming it had to do with the uninstall-reinstall, and while it may have, it still seems to be resolved.

Now I try and reinstall my theme and get back to business.

Thanks anyway!

I'm having the same problem with bad passwords.  I have deinstalled, reinstalled, multiple times now.  Wiping out the database, recreating the database on JustHost hosting service (automatic database creation from simplescripts.com never worked.)  All "successful" installs with no errors, but NONE of the 6 times I've done this has PrestaShop accurately given me a descent password to use!  Going to /psadmin The first time I just did "Lost your password" and the new password worked.  NONE of the successive installs has "Lost your password" worked. I'm just sent bad passwords to my email address! (And database destroyed and created in between, so no chance of the "old password" to be enforce.)  I'd done this initially with version 1.5.6.1.  The website template does not work either.  All I get is this:

logo.jpg?1324977642

Cart    

Product (empty)

No products

$0.00 Shipping
$0.00 Total

Cart Checkout

Tags

ipod apple shuffle superdrive Ipod touch nano

I cut this short as you get the idea!  No graphics or form!

the /psadmin login screen looks fine however.

I noticed on PrestaShop.com version 1.6 is out so downloaded it, expanded, uploaded, then tried to go to the /prestashop/install/ directory and NOTHING happens.  Just a blank page and no error messages.  It doesn't matter how many times I try.  I made sure 1.5.6.1 was gone. I redownload, reexpanded, rechecked every file and all good.  Try it again and just a brief "waiting for..." <my URL> and then nothing.  I've followed the installation video to a "T" and no luck.  I even gave admin rights to Public on all files to see if that would help and finally got a response:

500 Server Error

A misconfiguration on the server caused a hiccup. Check the server logs, fix the problem, then try again.

URL: http://shop.mydomain.com/prestashop/install/index.php
Dangerously writable: [/home5/mydomain/public_html/shop/prestashop/install/index.php]
FIXED

So that didn't help either!

Are there server prerequisites for installing PrestaShop 1.5.6.1 or 1.6?   Just Host support says they don't support PrestaShop installation even though they offer a script for it via simplescripts.com.  They think it's a problem with PrestaShop or SimpleScripts.  Any insights are GREATLY APPRECIATED!  Thank you!

OK, I think I solved my own problem.  I was running on a reseller account which allows multiple domain names. I HAD to install this on the primary domain name off a subdirectory (/shop in my case).  Oddly trying to do shop.MyPrimaryDomain.com did not even work.  Once I installed to MyPrimaryDomain.com/shop, all is well including the store page now has a template to it.  Of course the password offered was STILL BAD, but "Forgot my password" sent a password that actually worked in getting me into the backoffice.  (I should have noted above that I did eventually notice the emailed new password did not provide an error message, but just did not let me into the backoffice.)  So good for the moment!  Thank you.