Site Slow Need Help

If anyone can please help out, very much appreciated. My site has slowed drastically adogstore.com & particularly this product.  http://adogstore.com/index.php?id_product=51&controller=product

Running Version 1.5.4 on Hostgator VPS  I tried to upgrade today to latest Prestashop, just keep getting Javascript error (parseJSON) detected for action "upgradeNow".Starting restoration ... & none of solutions I found helped. Worried about doing manual install or if this would even help. I have done things like clearing cache & various other attempts found under performance.

At wits end so please if anyone can help!

Thanks,

Susan

Thank you, I turned on profiling & attached are screen shots. Doesn't help me much to be honest. Cal Page Trib jpeg is primarily the slower loading page of them all. I've gotten reports of 104 errors but wasn't told which page exact.

I'm leaving profiling on for now if anyone wants to take look.

post-568332-0-99026100-1437175668_thumb.jpg

post-568332-0-01475200-1437175675_thumb.jpg

I had the same issue and it drove me crazy.

Let's clear out these things before diving into logs.

Go to Advanced Parameters -> Performance -> Disable overrides (set to NO). Save and test your website again.

If the slowness is cut almost by half or more then that's good. We will continue working on it after that but confirm this first.

- Phil

Edited by PhilCorleone (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My bad man, I meant "Disable All overrides" I just checked it in the back office.

Waiting for ya.

By the way, before doing that, would you be able to post your website URL or at least test in gtmetrix.com and tell us how much time it takes to load the page?

Hmmmmm, it turned out to be exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure though but it mostly like an override issue? The wait time is too long (the yellow bar)

How would we disable that in your version because I mostly do them in 1.6.x.x versions.

By the way, I couldn't understand your main post when you said you wanted to upgrade Presta. You meant you wanted to upgrade straight to 1.6.1.0?

- Phil

Yes, I tried yesterday to upgrade to 1.6.1.0 using 1-step module. Failed everytime. Was hoping that maybe this would solve slow issues. I did load test site using 1.6.1.0 yesterday & that site, with default date loaded, seemed slow as well. So not sure that's the anwer.

Ooh Susan, you just killed it by shooting it in the leg like that. You need to upgrade slowly.

Almost all php softwares can not be upgraded by taking the leap you took.

Look at this thread:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/453721-import-from-old-shop/

Anyway, for your current issue, apply the override fix and get back with the result.

I have outlook installed on my pc and as soon as you post a reply I hear the tone. When I heard it, I clicked ReTest in gtmetrix. Things in your website shuffled greatly.

Your PageSpeed scode soared from %43 to %60. YSlow score from %80 to %83. You are on the right track girl! keep going!!!

The next step I would suggest would be to disable modules you installed one by one and then test the site.

It mostly smells like a module poor coding/override issue from my humble experience.

By the way, I found this along the way:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.webmastertoulouse.com%2F28-cms%2F42-prestashop%2F82_optimiser-prestashop-en-temps-de-chargement.html&edit-text=

Hope it helps.

For the new versions 1.6.x.x activate all caching features and allow overrides. The shop should be fast then.

Have this in your bookmark for later use too:

https://dh42.com/blog/prestashop/prestashop-1-6-optimization/

Oh my deleting that product & reinserting... I had to move to VPS hosting because of that one & still barely got it to load. I can try but will wait until Monday when on faster internet. Right now I'm disabling modules not needed. So far, none have improved it.

Really!!! hmmmmmm.

What is so special in that product creating all of this slowness. By the way, the issue of slowness took me around 60 real working hours till I got it figured. I do not want you to suffer real bad through since I know how hard it feels.

Just before you start spending a lot of time debugging and since you have few products. Moving to 1.6.1.0 is not a bad idea.

I would suggest you give it a try first.

Go to Bitnami, create an account and launch prestashop using AWS servers (it is a server created with Prestashop installed on it in seconds, advanced technology huh?)

https://bitnami.com/stack/prestashop

You will receive the admin's credentials for Prestashop, note that the BO path is xxx.com/adminstrator.

The store has caching and speeding settings set, you don't have to touch them. 

Go straight to the products section and try to add your current product. Test it out and see the performance. It should give you a broader image of what to do next.

You got a trial of 10 times of 1 hour each. Try to do it fast when you have fast internet.

Good luck.

Thanks Phil, I will try that on Monday. Have been trying to recreate the main slow product & have gotten to quicker load but I'm also not entering but a qty of 5. Right now having lot of trouble with it freezing up while try to add info to the product... not one thing another.