Currency & Language auto change

Hi,

Having website for sports related items where i can get customers from different countries.So I want to get auto change of language & currency according to my customer's country. Please suggest me any module if it provides my requirement.... Thanks!!

In PS 1.6 you can make the store language change according to the customer browser language preference. Go to BO > Localization > Localization and enable Set language from browser and Set default country from browser language. To have also the currency changing you have to set the default currency for the countries you have enabled from BO > Localization > Countries , otherwise the language will change, but the currency will remain the store default.

• Like 2

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I don't want any changes in back end to change the language according to the browser. I just want to detect the customers country & change the language + currency automatically.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I don't want any changes in back end to change the language according to the browser. I just want to detect the customers country & change the language + currency automatically.

you would need native PS geo location combined with PS browser IETF detect will do this for you.  note: caveat to native geo location is unresolved IP address is disallowed shipping.  You can have that function changed to default to shop country, then you be good to go.

I did an advanced IETF module for anyone that cares, i.e. PrestaNerds.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/349727-module-advanced-visitor-language-currency-localization-detection-ietf/

happy day, el

• 2 months later...

Hey El Patron,

Does this mean as long as I want to keep the pricing of my products the same (which I do) I don't need a multi-store anymore? If I can automatically change currency, language via browser, will that also change the shipping zone? My problem in previous versions of PS was getting a visitor from the usa seeing shipping prices for the default shop (uk). They would then get a nasty shock on check out. I'd really like to ditch multi-store if possible, please tell me it's so :-))

Thanks
Mike

Hey El Patron,

Does this mean as long as I want to keep the pricing of my products the same (which I do) I don't need a multi-store anymore? If I can automatically change currency, language via browser, will that also change the shipping zone? My problem in previous versions of PS was getting a visitor from the usa seeing shipping prices for the default shop (uk). They would then get a nasty shock on check out. I'd really like to ditch multi-store if possible, please tell me it's so :-))

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike, as for shipping, I would test out (by changing browser ietf langauges like en-us etc.) and see how your shipping is then presented.

In PS 1.6 you can make the store language change according to the customer browser language preference. Go to BO > Localization > Localization and enable Set language from browser and Set default country from browser language. To have also the currency changing you have to set the default currency for the countries you have enabled from BO > Localization > Countries , otherwise the language will change, but the currency will remain the store default.

Hi,

I would use this suggestion, however test changing currency in front office after implementing, I have seen issue on 1.6.1.1 that when configured to set country based of visitor language that it would not let me change currency.