Fatal error: Class 'IndexController' not found in classes/controller/Controller.php on line 135

Hi all,

my shop is working for a while now, but today I have got a blank page (error 500). After turning on errors, I've got this message

Fatal error: Class 'IndexController' not found in /nfsmnt/hosting2_2/d/6/d67f1945-0fe9-4615-9ed0-747478dcf54c/handmadealandizi.sk/web/classes/controller/Controller.php on line 135

My prestashop version is 1.6.11. I uploaded new Controller.php from fresh presta 1.6.11, deleted class_index in cache but still no luck.

I did not tuch anything in the shop before this error occured, so I was surprised, this came up.

Have you any idea, what to try next, so my shop is alive again?

Thank you!

hello,

i dont have problem with fo but on the bo of presta 1.6.0.9

i have a white page with this error:

Notice: Undefined index: adminnotfound in /home/xzave/www/fashion/classes/Dispatcher.php on line 341

Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /home/xzave/www/fashion/classes/controller/Controller.php on line 135

i have delete the index_class in the cache

i replace many copy of controller.php of presta 1.6.0.9; 1.6.0.8;1.6.0.10 without success; after each copy i delete the index class

thank you for your response,

Ornot

Hello, vekia,

2 days ago, i have another idea:

OVH, my web hosting, made for me somes snapshot (backup) of my ftp, i see that i have a snapshot from 14 days ago (backup J-14).

and i download all, except ../img/

after that i test the website without images ; and the site works on FO and BO!!!!

then i move ../img on the new folder

Why i did do that?

i see that there are somes folders and files that are missing;

i thanks a lot

regards,

Ornot :) :) :)

• 1 year later...
Hello,

I have the same error.

Fatal error: Class 'category' not found in /home/komplett/www/classes/controller/Controller.php on line 134

And I already applied the solutions found by other people, and I could not solve.

Does anyone have a different idea?

Thanks.

(P.s; I do not speak English perfectly, sorry for some mistake)

Does classes/Category.php exist on your server?

Hello Rocky,

I have the, classes / Category.php (The file exists, And is not empty)

And this is the problem, the file is correct and in the correct location. And I do not know what to do.
I deleted the file "category.php" from its Classes folder, and the error is the same.
I've copied the "category.php" file, into the Classes folder, and the error remains the same.

The code does not find the Category.php file, I do not know how to solve it.

I need help.

Assuming you're using PrestaShop v1.6.1.10 like me, it is the getController function on line 134. Why is it trying to load a controller called "Category"? It should be trying to load "CategoryController". Maybe you have an override that's been written incorrectly? It's hard to know without access to your website or some more debugging information. You can add code like the following before the return line to do this:
if (strtolower($class_name) == 'category') var_dump(debug_backtrace());

Also, did you try deleting cache/class_index.php like suggested above to make sure there's no error in it?

Assuming you're using PrestaShop v1.6.1.10 like me, it is the getController function on line 134. Why is it trying to load a controller called "Category"? It should be trying to load "CategoryController". Maybe you have an override that's been written incorrectly? It's hard to know without access to your website or some more debugging information. You can add code like the following before the return line to do this:
if (strtolower($class_name) == 'category') var_dump(debug_backtrace());

Also, did you try deleting cache/class_index.php like suggested above to make sure there's no error in it?

Hello, I solved the problem in another way.

Like you said, something in the code had been spelled wrong.
I've located a file called category.php (in lowercase), as sayed the error message. The file was in another folder and this was generating a conflict.

It was a non-native module file, and I had deleted this module.

The wrong file was in the folder:
\ Controllers \ front \ category.php

I deleted the file. And after that the site returned to work perfectly.

Thks
Edited by J4c1r4 (see edit history)