How to translate newly created categories?

Hi all, I just came across a situation and maybe I didn't dig deep enough in the forums but I'd like some advice or help on this.

I was creating new (sub)categories to my shop, with english as default, and all went fine. But, if I switch language flag, the cat names are not translated (of course). Now... there's nothing at the Back Office to deal with this. Back Office > Tools > Translations only allows system labels' and fields' translations. So this leaves me/us (again) with the phpmyadmin solution?

Hi Nakano,

When creating or editing the Category name, if you've activated other languages for your Front Office, their language flags should appear next to the input field. Click each flag and type in the appropriate translation of the Category name.

The same process is used to enter translated text elsewhere in the Back Office, especially for product information.

:)

OMG, YOU'RE RIGHT!
My bad, I never cared to click on the flag (since it wasn't mentioned on wiki) but yes... it was supposed to be straightforward and I missed it.
DAMN! I'm loving this piece of software more and more...

Thanks a lot, Peter!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Nakano,

When creating or editing the Category name, if you've activated other languages for your Front Office, their language flags should appear next to the input field. Click each flag and type in the appropriate translation of the Category name.

The same process is used to enter translated text elsewhere in the Back Office, especially for product information.

:)

My problem is almost the same.
I activated a language, but when I use it in the front shop the categories won't show.
I did the translation as you described.... but the problem remains.
Is there something else that could be wrong ?

Thank you.