How to Change Domain on 1.6 with no access to back office

Hi all,

I have change the url of my prestashop 1.6  store. I have updated the PS_SHOP_DOMAIN AND PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL with the new domain. However when I enter the new domain into my web browser it points to the old domain. I have tried clearing my web cache and still the same.

Also, I now know I should have done this using the back office panel. I didn't and know I don't have access to the old domain anymore. 

Does anyone know a manual work around for this?

Please help.

Thanks

Chris

I don't understand ? if you are accessing old domain, you should access to back-office, or not ?

Possible solutions:

1 - If not, undo the change directly into database by changing to your old domain back ?!

2 - Not only on database the change on back-office is set. It is set also to your .htaccess. That's why you never should change manually something only on database.

Sorry for not explaining very clearly.

My old domain is hashtagcv.com and my new domain is hashtagcvwriting.com

So I have changed my domain from the old one to the new one. I know don't have access to the old domain. I have updated the shop url as detailed above in the database, but when I type in the new domain it points to the old domain which has a different website on it.

Is there something else I need to update to ensure the new domain works?

Prestashop do not auto-recreate. You should create a new blank one into root folder of your shop and nudge a new one on your back-office on tab "preferences > seo & URL's" by saving the settings new.

Auto creation of .htaccess is done only once at install process. Re-creation only by nudge it.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)
  • Like 1

If I change domain (and then save) does it not overwrite existing one? Without creating empty file manually?

Yes of course it do it, but in the topic we had NO ACCESS TO BACK-OFFICE. In this case change database to get correct rout, rename .htaccess to avoid wrong rewrite and write a new clean .htaccess, which you need to add as an empty file to get it rewritten from the back-office.

• Like 1