500 Internal Server Error after moving from cpanel to ISPConfig 3.0.5.4

Hello, i have a shop and i move it from cpanel to ISPConfig and now i got only 500 Internal Server Error and NO backofice.

After i spend 2 days finding a solution this is what i got:

1. i install a fresh prestahop on my new vps with ISPConfig and everything works fine

2. i move it all my files from shop to new server, i use phpmyadmin to upload my database and ... 500 error

3. i check and make a move to another vps with cpanel and move my files and upload my database and everything is OK

4. i put my files on my ISPConfig vps with database from the fresh install and i have a screen ... i see front page and backoffice

You see my problem? Please help a newbie. I need to make my shop database working on my new vps with ispconfig. Thanks.

on error log i got this

[fcgid:warn] [pid 6579] (104)Connection reset by peer: [] mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[core:error] [pid 6579] [] End of script output before headers: index.php
Edited by adisaan (see edit history)

You have succesfully fresh install Prestashop on new server and that is a good news, means the server & its configuration is compatible.

Upon moving your prestashop site to new server, heres what im usually doing:

1. backup database to zip and import in new server.

2. change the url/domain properly in ps_shop_url.

3. zip the site in old server, upload to new server and extract.

4. check file & folder permission if necessary

5. rename the .htaccess

6. login to backoffice, go to preferences - seo & url. if the url is correct then click save button (this will regenerate .htaccess)

7. go to front office to check if site is running as expected.

Edited by prestanesia (see edit history)

Thanks for quick response. 

1. i back-up database to zip and move to new server

2. i dont need to change url/domain because is the same

3. done .. with ftp

4. i really dont know what permission to change, i have this for folder where is my shop

drwxrwxr-x 25 web24 client6 4096 Jun  6 07:20 web

i can post it permission for any folder but please be more specific
5. i remove .htaccess
6. still no acces to front page or back office: same 500 Internal Server Error

Did you overwrite the file config/settings.inc.php on your new installation with your old one?

If so, you would have the wrong database credentials in there and the store won't work. Edit it and make sure you put the new database credentials. Keep the "RIJNDAEL_KEY_", "COOKIE_KEY_", "RIJNDAEL_IV_" and "COOKIE_IV_" values from the old store though or you and your customers would need to request new passwords.

yes .. i change only this with my new created database

define('_DB_NAME_', 'xxx');
define('_DB_USER_', 'xxx');
define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'xxx');

i think is something with my database because everyting is ok when i use the fresh one
Edited by adisaan (see edit history)

Ok, try for a start these things and see if that gives you some more details in the logs, which would help to tackle the issue down, before going through too many possibilities that might not be the case: 

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/

https://www.prestashop.com/blog/en/the-500-internal-server-error-explained-solved/

already done ... i find only this error logs

[fcgid:warn] [pid 6579] (104)Connection reset by peer: [] mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[core:error] [pid 6579] [] End of script output before headers: index.php

if you can tell me where i find more error logs i will post more. Thanks.

• 4 months later...