I broke something in my CSS

Amy535

Question

I broke my store that I'm setting up. I don't know what I did and I can't find the error.

I was in global.css at: header .nav

I was only making a simple change by adding a top border but I must have done something else by accident because it is all messed up now. Sad face...

I un did my change to the border but that did not fix it. I hope someone will please help me.

temporary site location: http://splitcreekfarm.pswebstore.com/

4 answers to this question

You should control the line you changed. Seems that a command is open and not closed.

You opened 3 {  but closed only 2 one.

header {
	z-index: 1;
	position: relative;
	background: $light-background;
	padding-bottom: 15px;
	.banner {
		background: black;
		max-height: 100%;
		.row {
			margin: 0px;
		}
	}
Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Oh my goodness I think I love you. Seriously.

There's still something wonky in the CMS Block and the icons in the footer. Looks like the phone icon in the nav under the top banner is off too. Would you happen to know where that error is?

Edited by Amy535 (see edit history)

The buttons are loaded from outside. Prestashop uses fontawsome icons. Perhaps you deleted something. Restore the whole css file of your theme. If you didn't make a security copy, so you can download the Prestashop package version here: https://www.prestashop.com/en/developers-versions#previous-version

Your version you will find on the bottom of your back-office, left side.

Extract the css of the theme in this case and use it as replacement, if you cannot debug it anymore.

You should, if you change something in header open and immediately close the brackest. To close them at the end produces errors, cause your are including things, which are not included.

#header {
  z-index: 5003; }

.columns-container {
  background: #fff; }

Thank you! Usually I'm really careful but it was something that seemed so dang simple that I wasn't paying close enough attention I guess. Seemed like the thing to do at the time. Now, not so much. I'll grab a clean version and hang my head in shame. Thank you for the link and you help!