Notification of Payment (Paypal) Received but there is NO order!

This is weird but I received an email notifying me of a Paypal payment received for an order that was placed. When I went to look for the details of the order I could not find it in the Orders...anywhere! Why did this happen? How do I prevent it from happening again?

I asked the guy who set up my Prestashop and this is what he told me..."I see this customer under the Customers section of the site. I think some orders don't show up under Orders until they are shipped. You're probably better off looking under Customers for any order instead of the Orders section." I think that's crazy and told him... "While I do see this customer in the customer section I also see that there is NO sale/order associated with it. And I have a hard time believing that orders don't show up in Orders until they are shipped. If that were the case then why hasn't this happened before? That can't be right and it doesn't make any sense. There must be some other explanation." His reply was... "I'm not sure what else to tell you. You're welcome to post in the Prestashop forum about these items. There is a large community of Prestashop users who may be able to provide you with more insight."

So... here I am! Anybody got an answer that makes sense???

Same thing happened to me 2 days ago on PS 1.6.0.14

Your case was better than mine, in the sense that you have customers details in the back office. I didn't have customer details in my customers list and no order details anywhere on my site.

I was so paranoid about the paypal order email and had to login to Paypal before believing what happened.

Hope PS team can help.

Off note, amd hosting with Hostmonster.

• 2 months later...

This is weird but I received an email notifying me of a Paypal payment received for an order that was placed. When I went to look for the details of the order I could not find it in the Orders...anywhere! Why did this happen? How do I prevent it from happening again?

I asked the guy who set up my Prestashop and this is what he told me..."I see this customer under the Customers section of the site. I think some orders don't show up under Orders until they are shipped. You're probably better off looking under Customers for any order instead of the Orders section." I think that's crazy and told him... "While I do see this customer in the customer section I also see that there is NO sale/order associated with it. And I have a hard time believing that orders don't show up in Orders until they are shipped. If that were the case then why hasn't this happened before? That can't be right and it doesn't make any sense. There must be some other explanation." His reply was... "I'm not sure what else to tell you. You're welcome to post in the Prestashop forum about these items. There is a large community of Prestashop users who may be able to provide you with more insight."

So... here I am! Anybody got an answer that makes sense???

Did you find a solution to this? This just happened to me today and I was wondering if there was some option I am missing or is the new Paypal upgrade not working correctly. Two my knowledge this has happened to me twice this year. It's scary to have something like that happen because we don't have all of the information.

Anyone know what's going on?

The order should show up and nothing to do with Until the order has shipped, furthermore how can you set an order to shipped if it does not show.

This is an on going issue with PayPal USA, switch to the Euro modules you find here and all orders will show it has not failed me yet.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/419632-paypal-no-order-in-bo-temp-fix-16/

I have also changed the PayPal payment logo to the US version.