Web2Print addon

There are a few modules that do this. You won't find them in the PrestaShop module list but if you google for web2print prestashop you should find at least 3-4. 

I have not looked at these modules carefully but a quick look I found that most appear to be free but then charge per order -- basically the module is just a front-end for a service that runs on their servers. Playing with them for just a few minutes I found them hard to use and limited. There was one that looked much better than the others but I didn't get to play with it.

I am also using Presta Shop for a web2print application. If your target market is very basic print buyers then online editing is a benefit but that is a really tough market to get into. I feel it is better to position oneself above the Vista Print level and sell to customers who want better products than Vista offers. For customers like that I don't feel that online editing is necessary and that customers are capable of just uploading print ready artwork. I might change my mind and offer some online editing  abilities in the future but at least to start I am going to run it without an online editor. 

The other thing you need to consider with online editors is that the real value in offering online editing is templates that customers can just populate but unless you plan to design those yourself you'll likely have to buy licences for commercial collections. That can get expensive fast.

Not from Brazil. My parents are Portuguese but from Portugal. My grandfather did move to Brazil before I was born so I know there are Naldinhos down there bu I am actually Canadian.

The site will be dynamiteprinting.ca but it is in maintance mode. I expect to go live in a week or so. The biggest issue was dealing with the product combinations. When you consider that a product might be available in a variety of sizes, on a few types of stock, and with a bunch of finishing options and then if you treat quantity as an attribute it is really easy to get into the 500-3000 combinations per product. The site takes almost no time but the data entry to create all the CSV files for the products takes a long time.

I have another site thetabdepartment.com that is not print but print adjusant -- basically custom index tabs, custom binders, and the guts for the binders. That one is live but not finished to the level where I am happy with it yet. I probably have a few months of hacking away at it to get it up to what I would consider acceptable.

• 1 year later...

Not from Brazil. My parents are Portuguese but from Portugal. My grandfather did move to Brazil before I was born so I know there are Naldinhos down there bu I am actually Canadian.

The site will be dynamiteprinting.ca but it is in maintance mode. I expect to go live in a week or so. The biggest issue was dealing with the product combinations. When you consider that a product might be available in a variety of sizes, on a few types of stock, and with a bunch of finishing options and then if you treat quantity as an attribute it is really easy to get into the 500-3000 combinations per product. The site takes almost no time but the data entry to create all the CSV files for the products takes a long time.

I have another site thetabdepartment.com that is not print but print adjusant -- basically custom index tabs, custom binders, and the guts for the binders. That one is live but not finished to the level where I am happy with it yet. I probably have a few months of hacking away at it to get it up to what I would consider acceptable.

Hi Nal,

sorry to open up this old post but what happened to your dynamiteprinting.ca ? i was thinking of doing the same thing get customers upload their photos from computer/mobile/facebook/instagram to order for printing as simple as that ... with minimal sizes 3R and 4R (for starters) and then send them over for shipping to customer. Is this still possible ?

Just haven't had time to finish it. Pretty close to done but the index tab sales exploded and so even hiring more staff production has kept me from doing any business development stuff. I'm hoping to get back to doing site development once we get more staff trained to do production. During the same time my host was bought by a new terrible parent company so I decided to move to a VPS hosting and so had a lot of learning to do on how to setup a server properly. 

Uploading individual files is possible. There are multiple upload modules or you can hack the builtin PrestaShop file upload to allow for image files. Where I got stuck was on writing a module that looked at the PDF and determined the number of pages and as a bonus which were b/w and which were colour. Just plain file uploading is easy.

Personally for what you describe I would just use PrestoChango's  Advanced Attribute Wizard or maybe the non-Advanced version. We use the Advanced version for uploading bodyart on the index tab store and it works great but we went with the advanced because we also needed the alternative attribute method since the number of combinations was too high for the PrestaShop attribute method. If you don't need that then the non-advanced might be a better choice you just need to check if it allows for file upload (I believe it does).