[SOLVED] How to make expandable / collapse text?

Gardensofthesun

Question

9 answers to this question

On prsetashop cloud, you probably just don't. It's a solution that doesn't allow much editing / customization. Choosing a theme / module is usually the best you can do to alter the design / functionnalities. If you need to really edit things by yourself, go for Prestashop download.

This post, sum up the use of Cloud pretty well imo.

Hi there, 

I have a lot of questions for the FAQ and want to make the text expandable, so that you see a list of questions, but only see the answers once you click on the question. 

How do I do this in Prestashop cloud?

Thanks!

Why you don't add FAQ's as CMS pages (or only one CMS page with all points) ? Other possibility is to use a paid module Ready for use: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/search?id_category=0&search_query=faq

On cloud you have restricted adaptation possibility to theme and modules only (and overrides only for real PS Experts, knowing core code - so paid service).

The problem here is not just adding a FAQ, it's the js ( assuming the expansion is made in js ) needed, which can't be simply added through the back office, therefore not on Cloud ( at least I think not, but I have to check which files are accessible with a FTP ). It's more a design issue, not a functionnal one.

The problem here is not just adding a FAQ, it's the js ( assuming the expansion is made in js ) needed, which can't be simply added through the back office, therefore not on Cloud ( at least I think not, but I have to check which files are accessible with a FTP ). It's more a design issue, not a functionnal one.

??? Paid module you can integrate in Cloud which ever you want. That's the concept of Cloud. You have a free hosting, but pay for extras. Besides FAQ you can add a simply CMS page with all your points: 1 xxxx, 2 xxxx, 3 xxxx This is not really difficult to realize. Nor as paid addon, not as simply cms page.

I explained wrong, you can't do it by yourself by touching the code. Ofc you can buy a module.

But for the CMS page, he specifically wants a page where you can click to see the question, not just "a simply CMS page with all your points: 1 xxxx, 2 xxxx, 3 xxxx". Yes you can easily make the page you describe. But what he's asking for needs js, so he can't do it without module since he's on Cloud.

Hi Gardensofthesun

What module did you find to achieve this?

I moved to self-hosted Prestashop and I'm using the Visual Composer Page Builder module to create the FAQ.

I tried FAQ add-on, but it was hard to link that through as it didn't come as a CMS page, and I couldn't easily change the order of the questions and answers.