Is there a Description Limit in CSV Import

I am using Prestashop version 1.6.0.15

I am updating items using the CSV import option.

Within the Long Description box I have added the following

<p>Fun Novelty Routemaster Red Bus Mug</p><p>If you are looking for a novelty gift that's practical and looks great, then check out our funky kitchen and ceramics range.</p><p>The range is made from dolomite ceramics and finished in a high gloss glaze. Each comes in a decorative gift box to complete the look, plus if it's a kitchen item then dolomite is food and microwave safe but cannot be put in the dishwasher.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Dimension</p><p>Height 10cm</p><p>Width 13.5cm</p><p>Depth 8.5cm</p>

It is 512 characters in length (including spaces)

It is saved in UTF-8 format

It successfully uploads but only the first 391 characters appear within my shop.

I can and have manually edited the product and all 512 characters go in and now work but there are another 2163 items in the same CSV file to double check for missing descriptions.

Where have I gone wrong?  Is there a character limit for the CSV import?  If so what is the workaround for longer descriptions?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Check the CSV file AFTER you create it (by that I mean close it and re-open in). Are all the characters there? Some systems do limit the length of a field when exporting. I have seen issues with MS Access (database) and Excel

• 2 months later...

Exacly the same issue.

Poroducts are not exported well, when I'm trying to export some with long descriptions (4000-5000 chars). Table exported broken.

When when I'm attempting importing a previously exported from phpMyAdmin file, Prestashop throws error on short and long descrition fields:

"field is to long, max length is 32 chars"

Thi should be sent on Forge, I suppose